quatre

THIS GOT FUCKING DELETED THE FIRST TIME IM GONNA KILL MYSELF. also this is long and very sad I'm warning you.

Han hadn't visited in about a week. Luke was too busy with his chores to look for him in Mos Eisley.

If it were under different circumstances, Luke wouldn't have been worried. Han disappears for days at a time. But this time, it was close to harvest season, and Jabba wouldn't let anyone leave without his permission. Everyone on the disgrace of a planet knows that Jabba hates Han. He'd never let him leave.

"Luke!" He groaned at the voice of his uncle, what did he want now?
"Coming, uncle Owen!" Luke ran inside, coming to a sudden stop when he got to the kitchen.

Neither his aunt, nor uncle looked pleased. He got a sudden burst of anxiety as they gave each other a sad look. His uncle cleared his throat, motioning for the boy to sit. He obeyed, slightly terrified.

"Luke, your friend, Han-" His aunt started, but Luke cut her off in the midst of his panic.
"What about him?" She sighed, not meeting his eyes.

"Well, if you'd let me finish," She turned to look at her husband, then back at Luke.
"Your uncle spoke with Jabba earlier today." Luke wished she would get to the point instead of dragging it on.

"Han is on very bad terms with him." Luke let out a sigh of relief he didn't know he was holding at her statement.
"Everybody knows that! What's the big deal?" Luke immediately regretted saying that so harshly when she put on a look of disappointment. His uncle continued.

"It's not just that, Luke. Han owes him thousands!" He sighed, knowing he raised his voice. Luke didn't catch on.

"He will be back tomorrow. You can get everything from him, if you won't listen to us." Luke frowned, lowering his head to the table. The boy left the room, sitting outside to watch the suns set.

The sky was a pink color, and he could see the heat radiate off the sand. He'd talked about leaving with Han. But he couldn't bare to leave his aunt and uncle. He had spent his entire life on Tatooine, and he was eager to see the rest of the Galaxy.

The boy sighed and made his way back to the house. Moisture farming was never his thing. Then again, who in their right mind would dream of doing that for 19 years.

When Luke woke up, the suns were already up. He groaned and sat up. His aunt and uncle were already awake, and had started the day. Luke put on the cleanest thing he could find and trudged out of his room, rubbing his eyes.

When the kitchen was in view, he stopped. Han was there. Luke tried not to make his presence known. His aunt always told him not to eavesdrop. This time, he was willing to get grounded.

"You didn't tell him?" Luke heard a chair scrape across the floor as Han stood up abruptly.
"He wouldn't listen. I'm sure he'd much rather hear it from you." There was a sad tone in his aunt's voice. He knew something was wrong, but worse than he expected.

"Jabba's got me on a leash. The Empire's got him on a leash. Nothing good can come from that. He wouldn't want to hear it from me." Luke thought about walking in, but his uncle continued the conversation.

"If you think he'd want to hear it from us, you don't know him." The room was silent. His uncle was right. Whatever it was that was going on, he wanted to hear it from Han himself.

Luke decided to make his presence known. He walked into the kitchen. The three exchanged sorrowful looks, and put of the façade for Luke.
"Hey, kid." Han smiled. It was a sad smile, but a smile nonetheless.