1 [Edited & Re Written]

I woke up when I heard my alarm blare from my bedside table. I groaned but rolled out of my cozy bed after hitting the snooze button. I groggily walked into the bathroom, rubbing sleep from my eyes. I flicked on the shower, hand stuck under the freezing spray as I waited for it to warm up.

I undressed once I felt the water heat up, stepping in. I washed my hair and body, stepping out and wrapping myself in a towel. The chilly morning air seemed to stick to my wet skin. Each drip of my wet hair going town my back left the sting of a shiver up my spine.

I quickly brushed my teeth and hair, my eyes flicking to my phone to check the time. I was probably going to be late again.

I walked back to my room and quickly dried off before shoving on some undergarments along with a black pair of skinny jeans and a black and white striped sweater top.

I glanced over my desk in a hurry, pulling my bag off the floor and stuffing in all the books I had been studying the night before, silently scolding myself for not being more organised.

I quickly padded downstairs, skipping breakfast is a must if I wanted to make it on time. I slung my bag over my shoulder and my feet into some old sneakers before taking off into the chilly morning.

I arrived at school 5 minutes before the bell and rushed to my home room. I wasn't lucky enough to make it before the bell went. I quickly sat down in my seat as the teacher glared at me. I looked down, my face hearing with shame.

"Please try harder to get here on time Ms. Zero" the teacher said in a sweet voice that only meant one more slip up and detention was in my very near future. The bell went signalling first period and I quickly walked to my first class.

The day seemed to drone on and on, like time had slowed. During the final period, my eyes were trained on the clock. Each minute that ticked by felt like an eternity. My leg bounced in anticipation until finally, the bell sounded. Freedom was mine.

I arrived back at the house at around 4:15 and went straight to my room to do some homework. I stayed seated there for almost 3 hours when my brother barged in.

"What do you want, also don't just come in without knocking" I said gruffly, not bothering to look up.

"Mum and Dad want to speak to you now" he said firmly and I stayed put, I had to study for my tests and complete my homework.

"Piss off" I growled out looking up at him, before looking back to the half written English assignment. Suddenly I felt hands wrap around my midsection and I squealed in surprise. I was roughly thrown over my brothers shoulder and carried into the pack lounge room. I was abruptly dropped onto the floor and I heard my brother stomp away.

"Abbey dear, we have some big news. The King has decided to visit our pack and you have been chosen to be part of the help for the celebration dinner when he arrives tomorrow" my mum stated proudly. My father also looked quite pleased

I frown before shaking my head furiously. I wasn't going to do that, I would die of anxiety. I can barely even talk to people let alone serve them food.

"And the best part is you were hand picked by the Luna to be the one serving King Dimitri, isn't that wonderful" my mum squealed and I winced at her high pitched voice.

"Um no mum, I'm sorry but I can't do that" I replied rubbing the back of my neck casting my eyes downwards.

"Yes you can and you will. You have been hand picked by the Luna herself. She thought you worthy enough to serve he King so you must not go against her wishes do you understand me" my mother growled out and I saw a few of the pack members turn and look at her little outburst. I groaned and she growled at me threateningly.

"But mum, I can't-"

"Listen to your mother Abbey. This is a great honour. Be proud of yourself you got chosen" my father stated giving me a warning glance and I nodded in defeat.

The rest of my night was filled with restless anxiety. I tossed and turned as the uncomfortable pot on my stomach seemed to eat away at me. Needless to stay I got no sleep.

I stayed home all day instead of going to school. I was forced to wear a dumb maids dress that looked shockingly like a French maid outfit. I was beyond embarrassed as I was forced to walk around and being shown how to give the "proper" respect to the King.

By the time he had arrived my mind was full of different polite ways to speak. I was told to bow and bare my neck in submission, talk quietly and definitely not talk out of turn. I was told always keep my eyes cast downwards and under no circumstances should I touch the King. As the time went by, I cooked and prepared lots of food for the many Royals he brought with him.

There was the 3 Princesses, Marnie, Anna and Louise. Then there was the 2 Princes Alex and Daniel. There was the Kings beta and gamma, Dylan and Fredrick. Then there was the Kings 8 body guards. I also had to cook for our entire pack as well. I had about 13 other girls helping me out as well.

I could hear the speeches being made and finally it rolled around to the feast. I took a deep breath trying to quell the churning I felt in my core. The air smelt of was pine and fresh rain. It was the most amazing smell I had ever had the pleasure of inhaling.

My wolf, Leinda was going crazy and all I did was try to ignore it. I could see the King from where I was standing in the kitchen. He had black hair tied into a ponytail and was wearing a black suit. He was very attractive to say the least. He had a long scar in his face leading from the corner of his right eye to the corner of his lip on the same side. He was muscular and had the hint of a tattoo on his neck. I was dazed, staring at him that I didn't hear, Alexia say for me to walk out. I felt a sharp poke to my side and shrieked rather loudly. I saw he kings head turn in my direction and I ducked down.

"I can't do this, oh my god" I was trying to calm down when I felt a sharp pain spread through my cheek. I immediately gained my sense again and held my cheek.

"Get your ass up and go serve the King now" Alexia growled and shoved a plate of food into my hands. I slowly walked out and towards the Kings table. I bowed and bared my neck to him before placing the food I front of him. He smelt absolutely wonderful and I could hear my wolf howling. I felt my hand brush his accidentally as I stepped back and jerked away with a gasp. A low growl emitted from the king and tingles were left shooting up my arm.

"Mate" and with that one word my natural fear kicked in and guess what...I ran, just ran and didn't look back.

1290 Words