You could tell Slender stood at the door for several moments, debating on what he should do and how he should handle this.

"I'll be fine for now. I can make myself something later." You added, lazily turning your head to look at the door.

A few seconds later, you heard a doubtful hum followed by the sound of footsteps gradually growing distant.

You returned to your comatose state of doing absolutely nothing but staying as lifeless as a rock.

Later on, when the sun began its descent towards the horizon, casting warm glows of red and orange hues through your window, you finally stirred.

Arising from your previously inactive state, you left your room without a sound. You made your way to the kitchen, only to halt around the corner the moment you saw Jeff and BEN having a heated conversation in the very room you had ventured out of your haven for.

You thought you had acted quickly and his before being noticed, but you were wrong. The moment you peeked out from around the corner, Jeff's eyes met yours and the boy fell silent. He shot you a murderous glare. If looks could kill, you'd have been murdered viciously by a thousand blades.

BEN's voice faded as his curiosity forced him to wonder why Jeff had so suddenly switched expressions and lost interest in what he was saying. Just as BEN turned his head to look at you, he was sharply shoved aside.

Jeff, attempting to scowl at you, barreled past you after pushing BEN aside. He rushed upstairs, his heavy gait causing the stairs to creak and screech with every pounding step he took.

You raised an eyebrow, turning your attention to the elvish boy standing in front of you.

"What was that all about?"

The only thing BEN did in response was grin slyly from ear to ear. He brushed past you, much calmer than the pale male that had stormed away from the scene, not too long ago.

You were left wondering why Jeff was still being unapproachable and distant whenever you were around. Still, ever since the kiss, you had not been able to have an actual conversation with him, much less get him to actually acknowledge you the way he did before the incident at the lake.

You were left to you rampant thoughts as you hurriedly ate a quick snack to keep your crazed hunger at bay. Soon after, you want back to your room and drifted a deep sleep.

*time skip to morning*

Today was a repeat of yesterday morning. You got up, angry at your alarm clock for waking you, and changed into the outfit you decided to wear today.

You ate a quick breakfast, endured Slender's apprehensive look as he questioned you about whether or not you even left your room the previous evening, and sped out the door before Slender could get a better look at the makeup concealing your bruised cheek.

You faced the relentless taunting at the bus stop, and the teasing on the bus. Finally, you arrived at the place you dreaded the most.

Leisurely making your way to your locker, you took in your surroundings. The school you attended had been around for years, and had been well taken care of due to the money donated by some of the wealthier students' parents.

Pictures of the school's sports teams adorned the plain walls, the trophy case was well-kept, dusted and clean, and posters advertising the upcoming school dance littered both the wall and floors of the building.

Teachers roamed the halls just as freely as the students did. Groups of friends formed around lockers, while a small circle of teachers conversed nearby. It was your average high school, for the most part- the social hierarchy based on status and cliques, teachers treating the 'popular' clique with more respect and admiration than any other group.