Ha! Psych! It felt like something had crawled into my mouth during the night and died.

I spoke through clenched teeth trying to spare Aleksy from enjoying the aroma of my rancid breath.

"I'm going to go freshen up." I said wiggling. He lifted himself off of me, his muscles flexing beautifully. I almost got lost staring at his arms.

"Ahem," he cleared his throat, snapping me back to attention and my cheeks flamed. I quickly tumbled out of bed and walked to my room.

I hesitated, my hand hovering over the door knob. I wasn't ready to face what had happened inside. I didn't want to see a dead man on the floor.

Steeling myself, I opened the door and peeked inside.

Nothing. It was like last night was a dream. There was no dead rogue, the chest of drawers had been righted, my suitcase had been put back up on the chair. The only indication that something had happened was that the bed had been made. I had left it unmade, so it was obvious that someone had cleaned up.

I crossed to the bathroom quickly, my eyes scanning the room for danger. Even when I was in the bathroom I made sure there was nothing out of the ordinary. Like a rogue hiding in the freaking bathtub or something.

I switched on the shower and brushed my teeth while I waited for the water to heat up. I stared at my reflection. My cheeks were slowly beginning to fill out, my hair didn't look as lifeless anymore, the dark circles under my eyes were still there but not as prominent.

I tied my hair into a bun and stripped.  I stepped under the shower and let the hot water hit me. I relished the sting of the heat. I scrubbed myself raw as I remembered the rogue touching me.

Aleksy stepped out of his room the same time I stepped out of mine.

"Today after breakfast, you can move your things into my room. You'll sleep there from now on." He said. There he was. The emotionless Aleksy.

I sighed, "It really doesn't matter. I can sleep in my own room. "

"I don't remember asking what you would prefer to do." He said glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes and his narrowed in response.

"Yes your majesty." I said with a slight, mocking bow.

His eyes glittered dangerously. He opened his mouth to say something but I turned on my heel and skipped to the stairs. After a beat, I heard him follow me.

It was like a race between Alyssa and Jenna to get to me. I almost fell over when they threw themselves at me but Aleksy placed a hand on my back to hold me in place.

"You." He growled and the room went silent. The girls let go of me and we all looked at who Aleksy was addressing. Chad.

"I asked you to secure the territory. " he said his voice shaking with anger.

"Alpha, I -"

"My office. Now." He said and Chad's  lips pressed into a tight line but he nodded. Alyssa whimpered softly next to me.

I turned to my mate. There it was, the dull silver. I reached out to touch him and he looked at me.

I smiled softly and he seemed momentarily lost but quickly regained composure. What was that about?

"I'm okay. " I said, " You know he would never do anything to put me in harms way."

"No Elaheh, this time I must bear the consequences. Anything could have happened to you and it would have been my fault." Chad said, standing up from his seat.