Tying a Knot

"The saddest thing about Betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies but from your loved ones."

Adyaan's P.O.V

It's been more than a month but the pain doesn't fades nor does the wound of betrayal heals inside him. It had been consuming him from the day he saw her walk at his doorstep.

Adyaan was just 21 and marriage was not in his charts for another three years but unfortunately her maternal grandmother(Nanna) fell severely ill and she was on bed. She had always been so excited about Adyaan and Tazmeen's wedding that she desired to witness it and everything was scheduled at the last minute.

Adyaan was soaring in sky as finally the girl of his dreams was finally going to take his surname. Everything was decided as Tazmeen had completed her intermediate and was persuing her B.COM Degree from IGNOU as she was in second year. He decided to give his education one more year and take up a job so both of them could start their marital life as soon as possible.

Arrangements were in high swing and he was nervous but excited as he selected everything with great attention and love for himself and his bride to be. Guests started arriving and how can he forget that fateful night when Tazmeen knocked at his door.

He was exhausted from shopping and wedding chores as he had felt asleep instantly. It was raining outside as the winter was chilly and he wondered who was at the door. He opened it to find Tazmeen standing in front of him as he was startled. Why was she here?

It was dark in the corridor and he had a bed lamp on. He eagerly switched on the light to find out that Tazmeen was not alone as she had a company. It was a boy in his late twenties with a french beard and he had light hazel brown eyes. He was tall and lanky dressed in a formal plain blue shirt and trousers along with his hairs which were wet and he can guess that he was out in rain for sometime.

"Assalaamualaikum." He greeted Adyaan as he looked at them confused.

"Walaikumassalam. Tazmi? Who is he?" Adyaan frowned perplexed to receive a guest at his room at this hour. Tazneem looked pale and her eyes had dark rings around as if she hadn't slept from ages.

"Addyy...this is...Tabish Siddiq..." Tazmeen said in a strong voice as I nodded in response waiting for her to say further but she hesitated. "Uh.. we know eachother from sometime and...."

She left it at that sharing glances with Tabish who had her arms crossed around his chest and hung his head low as if waiting for her to complete. Adyaan looked to and fro trying to make sense to this situation though inside his gut churned and he had a real bad sensation about all this. He wished it's not what he is thinking.

"And?" He said eagerly probing Tazmeen to say further as she had her gaze locked with Tabish as if silently pleading she couldn't do it.

"Adddyy...my bro!" Tabish said taking a step further placing his hand on Adyaan's shoulder as if to calm his racing heart beat and requesting him to understand. "Me and Tazmeen are in love from last couple of months but she couldn't say it at her home because she was engaged to you."

Adyaan could feel the floor beneath him sweep as he crashed very hard on the ground letting the words sink inside him as his heart crumbled into tiny little pieces in his chest. He looked from Tabish to Tazmeen with so many questions and complaints as she feared meeting Adyaan's gaze as if it would strike her with a lightining and burn her into ashes.

"Brother....she loves me and I love him...we cannot imagine our life without eachother and wants to get married." Tabish went on. "I am ready at the moment but I don't know if your families would approve."