Chapter 4: Rage & Roulette

"There will always be a reason why you meet people. Either you need them to change your life or you are the one that will change theirs..." -Unknown.

The amber liquid burned down her throat, still leaving her parched. No matter what happened, she always would be. However, her stock of alcohol was diminishing. And quickly with how many patients she's gained over the past few weeks.

With her tongue as dry as the Sahara Desert, she counted the dollar bills that were placed on the table.

20..70..100..Her hands stopped. Where's the other 20 dollar bill?

The fuse inside her shorted instantly, anger rushing through her veins like a vaccine.

Those rich bitches ripped me off by 20 bucks! Why I oughta-

"Hey," a rough voice interrupted her thoughts. She felt her eyes roll; the girl didn't want to deal with him right now, she was already mad enough and if he wanted to live, he needed to leave. Now.

So she demanded, "Leave. I'm not in the mood for your games," without looking behind her. His chuckle resounded in the halfway deserted room. The stale scent of alcohol, sex, and probably mold forming inside the walls lingered constantly, no matter how much Febreze was applied there.

"Oh darling, you're always like this to me," the boy replied, footsteps echoing as he drew closer to his friend. He stood behind her now, arms wrapped around her small waist in a tender embrace, representing a couple's engagement pose.

A small breath left her mouth in a sigh. Of course he's acting like this. Ever since she's been earning the money this way, he thinks he can just come prancing around to her after her job is done for leftovers.

Yet everytime, the excited boy is left disappointed.

Every.

Time.

"Mas, please," she almost begged, again fake as she had done earlier, "just...not tonight." The arms enclosing her tightening a little bit, his fresh mint breath growing stronger as she spoke.

His finger traced her delicate skin to form a tattoo, one he knows she's always wanted. "C'mon, darling, why don't you let me? I'm always pushed away and I just want to spend some time with you is all," he mused.

The mood shifted after his index grazed her skin. She felt her body slowly give in to his touch, melding closer to his own, his natural scent pouring over her in luscious ripples.

"There you go baby," he whispered in her double-pierced ear, his lips and tongue teasing her neck.

She knew the alcohol in her system was doing the talking and controlling her thoughts and actions, but it was easier to give in to the sensation than to fight it. In her drunken state, she mumbled to him, "I'll get chou back fo this..."

The man smiled at her threat, his fingers lingering around the rest of her body. "Darling, I know you too well to believe you'll actually get back at me for this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her head was pounding, clothes askew though not off and mangled on the floor like normal, and the world was currently a blur of darkness with a small light peeking around a shade shyly. It would be smart not to sit up, especially after ingesting that last drink she had. Mas was gone or at least she couldn't see him from where she was laying. Some blankets were thrown over her precariously: he was probably in a rush to go to the bar himself after getting her. That was perfectly okay by her, although she didn't appreciate his smell still embedded in the sheets.