"Oh."

"The humans are still picking up more animals. But for us, this is our final stop. I heard one of them say we're going to be release out now."

"Release where to?"

A human walks up to the tigress cage. "Alright pretty lady, time to finally leave the cage. You've come a long way!"

The tigress stands up. The cage slowly opens. She runs out happily with her two cubs behind her.

"Fresh air, freedom!" The tigress shouts, smiling.

The human looks at me next. It picks up my cage, carrying me away from the tigress family.

No, wait!

I start panicking.

"Relax buddy, your going to be out too. I'm taking you to your new home!" The human said.

The human sat me down again. This place is more open. It has tall grass with extra trees and less rocks. I can smell ten different scents. Other lions are here.

"Welcome to your new home, little guy!" The human smiled.

The cage opens. I run out like the wind into the tall grass disappearing.

Now to get back home!

I continue running, my paws barely hitting the ground.

Which way home?

Not paying any attention I crash into something wired and very tall. Then there was a loud...

BEEP! BEEP!

"Looks like someone is trying to escape."

The human comes up from behind laughing. I turn around shaking with fear.

I just want to go home...

"Darla!" A voice yells.

"She's back!" Yell another.

Darla?

The human turns around and smile. "Hey, little guys!"

Two other lion cubs run up. They jump on the human, causing it to fall ok it's back. The cubs giggle and purr.

Why are these cubs being so nice to this human?

They're our enemies!

I growl.

The three of them hear me growl and stop playing.

"Hey, who's the new guy?" One cub asks.

The second cub shrugs. "I don't know."

The human stands up. "You three play nice. I'll be back later with dinner!"

I wait until the human leaves to walk up to the two cubs who are both males.

"Hey man, what's your problem?" The first cub ask me confused.

I frown. "How can you both be nice to humans? Don't you know they kill animals like us for our fur?!"

The cubs look at each other then burst out loud laughter

Did I say something funny?

"Dude, where are you from?" The second cub ask.

"A jungle in Africa."

"That explains. Your a wild one off the reserve!"

I raise a brow. "Off the who?"

The first cub chuckles. "Reserve. I see your new. My name is Kam and this is my best friend Chris. We were born here. What's your name?"

"Kopa."

Present day, years later...

"Chase? Chaaaaseeee!!"

My ears twitch.

Darla?

"Come here boy!"

"Darla!"

She whistles. I run straight to Darla pinning her strongly down. She falls laughing.

"Come on Chase, you know you can't jump on me like this anymore. Your too big now!" She laughed.

If your wondering who Chase is....

Chase is the name the human name Darla had given me when I first came here...

They give all animals here names...

Darla scratches her fingers through my large bushy mane. "You've gotten so handsome. Soon it'll be mating season for you. By summer we should have new Cubs!"

Mating?!

Cubs?!

Whoa there lady...

I got off Darla so she can stand. She hug me and smile. My two new friends Kam and Chris walk up. They both taught me how to trust these humans here and how to get close to Darla. Darla is the human who cleans, feed, and play with us daily.

"I'll be back later guys!" Darla waves.

We watch until she's out of full sight.

"So, about busting out of here." Said Kam.

Chris smirks. "Here's the plan!"

We all lean in closer.