Sawyer

The Lost boys practically worshipped her after that. Felix was still skeptical about her, but he was warming up. She mostly hung out with Dusty, Sparks, Clocks, Red, and Sketch. Her first partners in crime. They had heard her and Sketch saying "Sawyer" so many times to each other that they had started calling her that. She was teaching Sketch to read. Pan kept an attentive eye on her. One day they were in the training area, throwing knives, boxing, firing arrows. She was with Sketch, kneeling as he punched the pillows on her hands.

"There you go, little man." She encouraged as he scrunched his face in concentration.

"A little more force. Come on, punch it!" She said.

"Twinkle toes," Someone said. She turned, and there was Pan. He stepped closer to the two.

"Me and you." He said, gesturing to the one of the circles drawn in the dirt. She smiled.

"Go practice with Sparks, little man." She said with an affectionate ruffle of his hair. He grabbed the pillows.

"M'kay. Bye Sawyer." Sketch said, skipping over to Sparks. Pan raised an eyebrow.

"Sawyer?" He asked. She shrugged.

"A nickname. It's official then." He said.

"What?" Sawyer asked. Pan grabbed a dagger from the pile of weapons, stepping closer to the circle.

"You're a Lost girl now." He said. Once he was fully inside the circle, he sprang into action. She responded immediately, dodging his advance. Yanking her dagger out of her belt, she thrusted her hand towards him. They were a tangle of darting legs and slicing arms, advancing and dodging.

"That was an interesting trick you pulled yesterday." Pan said, trying to twist the blade out of her hand. "You know how to extract squid ink?"

"I know how to do a lot of things." She replied, swinging a punch, which he ducked.

"What else can you do?" Pan asked with a suggestive eyebrow quirk. Sawyer smiled. In one quick motion, she slipped the knife out of his hand and pushed him to the ground. He landed on his elbows with a thud.

"I know how to win." She replied darkly. Pan sprang to his feet and tackled her to the ground, sitting on top of her.

"You're very confident." He commented.

"I've played this game many times." She replied, silently struggling to get out from under him. He pressed her harder into the dirt.

"Ever lost?" He teased. She smiled a sarcastic smile, and rolled over to pin him to the ground.

"No." She answered. "Never." Pan pushed her off and jumped to his feet.

"There's a first time for everything." He remarked. She stood up and charged towards him, her blade outstretched. He grabbed her wrist and yanked her towards him, her back to his chest. He held the hand holding her dagger down, poising his over her chest. She couldn't help but admire his skill.

"You fight surprisingly well. For someone with so many minions." She said.

"Same to you. Where'd you learn all your tricks?" Pan asked curiously, trying subtly to get her to admit something.

"You learn a few things living on the streets." She replied, her voice taking on a more serious tone.

"Which streets? The Enchanted Forest?" He pressed. She whipped around and kneed him right in the crotch. He exclaimed a noise of pain and sank to his knees.

"Nosey, aren't you?" She said, putting her hands on her hips.

"Got a lot of secrets, don't you?" He said from the ground, still composing himself.