Orca vs Shark

It was a beautiful day for battle. The calm surface of the ocean caught the power of the mid-day sun, making each small wave sparkle as if covered in a blanket of freshly cut diamonds. The sky was bright blue and cloudless, perfect for the day's events.

But never be fooled by appearances. This was the calm before the storm, as they called it. Underneath this calm, the hum of anticipation rippled and shimmered and grew as the time grew near. Everyone, from this kingdom and the next, near and far, had nervously, but excitedly, gathered in Jenosia's battle stadium that gently floated above the ocean's surface.

The rightful heir to the throne had been threatened and challenged by none other than his own brother and today they met on the battle field to determine their future. It would be a fight to the death that would decide everything.

In the middle of the stadium, two floating platforms waited patiently for their masters of battle to arrive. Once the fight began, they would move seamlessly with the warriors, controlled only by their body's movements. The two platforms would come together to become one large one when the warriors engaged each other, allowing for a better fighting stage. Many times the key to besting your opponent was to be the master of your platform.

The Elders of the Kingdom walked out and took their seats on the designated dais. The time was soon approaching and the mumbled conversations and discreet whispering increased, creating an ever thickening cloud of suspense. This was it, no going back. There was never any going back when a challenge was voiced.

Without warning, the floating platforms zipped off in opposite directions. They had been called by their masters; the fierce Orca, brother to the heir of the throne and the always hungry and ruthless Shark, the older of the two brothers and undisputed heir, until now.

An Elder approached the edge of the dais.

"A challenge was issued and accepted."

His voice boomed and echoed throughout the stadium making all heads swivel in his direction. He took a moment to gain everyone's undivided attention. He didn't have to worry though; silence claimed everything as everyone listened with unrestrained interest and rising blood lust.

"Today, two brothers, Orca and Shark, meet on this field in a battle to the death. Winner takes all and the loser walks among the ashes for the rest of eternity!"

The cheers started then. They were not happy sounds of clapping, singing, and whistling. They were loud, angry sounds that reverberated through the stadium and shook the waters. The feet stomping started first, shaking and moving the seats. The insults, fist waving, and spitting soon followed. The angry sounds grew and grew, pulling that cloud of suspense tighter and tighter around the walls of the stadium. Louder and louder it rose, the blood lust dripping out of every shout and every curse.

The Elder watched as a smile spread across his face. Hear that battle cry, he thought. It was a beautiful thing to behold. He closed his eyes and for a brief moment, he basked in the anger and the raw power that built all around him. As he listened, he heard the zip and hum of the floating platforms. They were back and they were ready.

He raised his hands to the crowd and instantly, all sound ceased and the shouts and war cries settled to the water like dust. His eyes settled on the two imposing creatures that now stood in the middle of the field.

Standing tall on 2 legs, Shark stood at 6 foot 4 and he looked every inch the deadly warrior he was trained to be. He was perfectly sculpted with the head of a shark, wide shoulders, strong defined abdomen, legs the size and strength of tree trunks, and a long, deadly tail that ended with a sharp, deadly hook. Much of his strength came from his strong and ruthless shark bloodline as well as his years and years of training and practice. He was the rightful heir to the Jenosia Kingdom and today he would face his blood brother, the one who dared to question his legitimacy.