Chapter 1 $

**Kamala**

"Pleaseeeeeee no,"

"Shut Up,"

Pleas for help and muffled cries were the only things I could hear echoing throughout the 3 room shack I lived in. The only place etched in my memory since the 4 bedroom house I used to live in, when things were better. I remember playing in that house with my sister. But now she's faded just like the happy memories.

"Please Stop," I heard my sister scream. There was no way I could help her. He always locked the door when he did it to her. He made sure she remembered. Because of what she supposedly did, we all suffer. Me and my two sisters. I remember when he never would've even laid a finger on us. He would've killed anyone who laid a finger on us now he was doing it.

It all started about 8 years ago, The person I called my mother was sitting on the porch. If she was a mother she would've taken us with her. I remember walking out on the porch and seeing mom argue with this girl. She was gorgeous. Skinny figure, long black hair and a beautiful smile. She became known as Claudia. She stood on the steps as Aishani came out. All I remembered is hearing.

"She was in daddy's bedroom while you were gone mommy," I heard Aishani say. Next thing I remember I was begging her not to go and to take us with her. Claudia came to live with us and my dad got crazier. I never thought I'd see him with so much hate in his eyes and it seemed to become apparent that he was blaming Aishani for it.

"Mala wake up" I heard my little sister say.

"What's wrong Lissa," I said comforting my half-sister Yulissa. She's only 12 and has seen things most 30 year olds don't see.

"Dad he's hurting Shani" she said tears running down her face. As soon as she said that I knew exactly what she meant. At 12 she doesn't deserve to see this shit. I rushed down the hall of our 3 room shack knocking over things. I tried to open the door but just like any other day it was locked. I slid down the door and sobbed. I heard muffled cries and the door opened. I remember when my sister was beautiful. Long flowing hair down her back like mother's. Pretty big hazel eyes with dimples and a gorgeous smile. I remember being so jealous of her. She's now replaced with a bony girl with a sunken frame and I don't even know if she still has dimples because she never smiles and barely talks. I comforted her the best I could. I never would've thought it would be me comforting her but her comforting me. I picked up her fragile little body and carried her to the bathroom. I locked the door and turned on the water. I saw her wince at the cold water because we can't afford hot water. All the money we get from unemployment checks and from Claudia's paycheck are spent on drugs and alcohol. I have to hide the things people give me because next thing I know they could get sold for the next bottle of whiskey or bottle of pills. But it's not like all the blame falls on my father. Claudia does it to. Constantly feeling on Aishani because she's more developed. Or she might try to do it to me but it doesn't go for her without a fight from me.

I waited for both of them to wash up and we went in our room and locked it because living in this house anything could happen.

**Aishani**

I just wanted to cry all night. I felt horrible and he didn't even use a condom. When morning came I couldn't even face looking at my him but it's not like its his first time doing this shit to me. Ever since mom left he blamed me since I told on him. I took another cold shower. I went into me, Yulissa and Mala's room. I put on some dirty sweatpants and a Hollister shirt from the thrift shop and some old shoes. My hair fell a little past my butt and I didn't really feeling like combing all of it. So I just brushed it a little and put it in a low pony tail. I looked in the mirror and didn't really feel the best and didn't look the best. To be honest we could be prettier if we just had better clothes, especially Kamala. She has curves, a nice body and a pretty face but those clothes and bruises she wears covers all of that, but we can't afford clothes so that's all we've got. Maybe if that sad excuse for a father might spend more money for us to have clothes than on drugs, prostitutes and alcohol but things aren't really looking up. At least Mala had her bestfriend Tamica but I have no one.

I woke up Mala and Yulissa. I got Yulissa ready so that bitch Claudia could take her to school. Once Mala got finished putting her hair in a high ponytail we left the house without eating like usual our only meal is school lunch. We started off walking to school until we got to Tamica's. She gave us some clothes to change into and a ride to school. When we got into school me and Mala split up and I went to my locker.

"Hey Shani" I heard a voice say. I knew exactly who it was. I ignored the group and grabbed my things and started to go to class. I felt a hand grab the back of my neck and turn me around.

"Bitch don't you hear me taking to you oooh you stink"

"Fishay Fishayyyyy"

"Bitch living in the dumpsters" These three girls laughed. They bullied me everyday, and so did their boyfriends. They'd beat me up, lock me in the closet or touch me any kind of way...they even tried to do it to my sister but she always stood up for herself but I never knew how. I felt them pulling on my hair and tears just fell like waterfalls. All of a sudden I felt punches and kicks and I just blacked out.

**1 hour later**

I woke up in the janitors closet as usual. When they got tired of beating me they just threw me in the abandoned janitors closet in the abandoned attic above the gym. I decided not to even leave. I had some food stored up here so I could eat something when I woke up from them beating me. I kept having weird cravings. I ran to the bathroom down the hall and threw up constantly so I knew I was pregnant but hopefully the baby would just die because I can't afford a baby or abortion.

I laid on the floor and just thought about how horrible my life was. My mom left us to only have me get raped by my dad and his friends whenever they wanted. They sometimes didn't use condoms and the might have STD' s but he didn't care as long as he was getting paid for it. Claudia beat me and my sister when we didn't listen to what she said and sometimes she would touch me any kind of way but Mala would hit her back and sometimes she'd hit her so hard she'd knock Claudia out but I just let her do it to me like a coward. I cut myself whenever I could find a knife because Mala would hide them from me and so Lissa wouldn't hurt herself. Sometimes I even contemplated suicide. But I never got to that point where I can just leave my sisters. I went to the old nurses office and just laid down. How could the people I was supposed to trust test me like trash. My mom left not even taking us. She didn't even care enough to take us with her.

**Kamala's P.O.V**

It was fifth period and my sister missed lunch and when we were supposed to meet up so I could check on her. I was headed to gym and these bitches were pushing my fucking buttons. La'Tatiana, Breonna and Shania the three bitches I couldn't stand and the same ones who bullied my sister. I walked out the locker room and bumped into someone while I was putting my hair in a long braid.

"Sorry, umm" I said accidentally in my Puerto Rican accent. Even though I didn't have my mom to help me to keep up with my Spanish I would still practice it in my head and work on my accent.

"I didn't see you there" I looked up and saw Breonna's cousin De'Angelo. He was so sexy. He had wavy black hair, he was light skinned with nice brown eyes and he was sexy as fuck but we don't fuck with the enemy and he goes out with Shania's ratchet ass anyways.

"Naw you gucci ma" he said licking his lips and smiling while walking away. I looked over and saw Shania mugging me and yelling at her boyfriend at the same time.

"BITCH STAY AWAY FROM HIM," I heard Shania yell as she was trying to come at me but I ignored her.

I heard a lot of movement up stairs and I got the idea just where my sister was. I ran back into the locker room, changed grabbed some food I saved from lunch and ran up to the attic to see my sister laying on the floor.

"Hey Shani"

"Hi" she said weakly. Her face turned green and she ran to the bathroom and threw up.

"What's going on why you throwing up like that"

"I think dad got me.....pregnant" My mouth dropped open. The thought of my sister carrying her...our own fathers baby is. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. We laid there for the rest of the day. We decided to spend the night. It was better than going home and watching her get raped again. We found some stuff from the old nurses office that used to be up here. Blankets, soap, deodorant and pillows. I kept looking around and I found a pregnancy test. I gave it to Shani and she went to the restroom and took it. She came out the bathroom crying minutes later. My sister was pregnant by her own father.