Dear Daniel John

Do you remember that night we made out while I was cooking your favorite food? I was reaching for some pepper when you grabbed my waist, kissed my lips, and kissed me so good I forgot about food, and the whole kitchen smelled like burnt meat. I first thought that night was just you and me kissing, but on that same night, you said you never want to be without me. Love, I remember kissing you harder after that.

Looking back, I realize I wasn't able to reply. Maybe because it's awkward?? Maybe because I sometimes get shy around you? Maybe because I still get lost when you stare?? (God, I can imagine you smirking. Shut it. I'll kill you.) Basta, I'm not sure why. But let me take this chance to tell you the things I have always wanted to say to you. (Don't laugh!)

First, I think you're beautiful. When I look at your face, I fall further in love because I know your soul looks so much better. Some may say you're horrible and disgusting and someone I shouldn't be with, but I never truly listen. I know you better than their judgment. And do they even know I love your flaws? I love them as you love mine, and I think your flaws just make you so, so human, and all the more beautiful. I will never stop fangirling over you.

Second, I was told you kiss me lightly on the lips even while I sleep. Just a peck, they say. Just your way of saying "good morning" or "I'll be here when you wake up." Some of my friends say it's weird. Marlann said it's "some crazy fairy tale shit." Ha ha. But don't worry. I don't mind. I can't get enough of you, too. ♥

Third, bring on the basketball games!!! Watch me lose poise and jump like crazy while you make your wild three-pointers. I will forever be your cheerleader.

Lastly (and most importantly!!), I smile each time I see the clothes you left in my closet. They remind me of all the days you were in my shower and all the nights you spent on my bedroom floor, wearing your funny socks and looking at my childhood photos. They remind me of you sitting at the foot of my bed where you casually said that your clothes look good on me. They remind me of that one time we played make-believe and acted like an old married couple, folding freshly laundered clothes and laughing when I found your missing boxers, with me realizing that growing old with you could be the most wonderful thing in the world.

So, love, when you said you never want to be without me, all I really thought was this: let me keep your clothes in my closet. You know I never want a life without you in it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: God, I'm so not happy with this! Hirap mag-English, shet. Haha char. But I promised you, guys, so eto na yung nakayanan ko. I'd appreciate if you'll leave comments. I hate stupid Instagram comments pero Wattpad comments are my fave.