Oddly Happy

**Adrien POV**

Adrien was oddly happy. He had spent most of the night with his classmate, Marinette. She had been in his classes for years, but he had never really gotten to know her. She always acted  so shy and flustered around him. Maybe she liked him? Haha no way, he thought. 

**Flashback**

He had wanted to make sure she was okay after the battle with the Evilustrator. She had handled herself pretty well, he thought, especially when she figured out how to get them out of the box the Evilustrator had trapped them in. And if he was being honest, he really didn't want to go home, either. His father was out of the country again, so it would just be him and Nathalie and he really didn't want that. So off he went to visit Marinette.

When he got to her house and knocked on her window, Adrien would admit, he was a little nervous. Ugh this is so weird. Why am I here? Maybe I should leave? Ahh too late, she sees me!! Marinette walked over from her desk and opened the window hatch.

"Good evening, Princess!"

"Chat Noir, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

Adrien heard himself make some typical Chat Noir response while he took a look around. So this was Marinette Dupain-Cheng. There were drawings of her designs and bolts of fabric lying around the floor. Pictures were taped all along the walls. Pictures of him? What was that about? 

Marinette was still talking. She hadn't stuttered once since he showed up, and she had a really pleasant voice. Adrien liked it. She was saying something about finishing homework and hinting that he should go. Adrien did not like that. He noticed that she was working on physics, which Adrien was amazing at. He offered her his services.

Adrien left a couple of hours later. Marinette was amazing, he thought, so sassy and witty and friendly. He couldn't wait to get to know her better.

**Back to the present**

Adrien walked into class, eager to see Marinette again. She walked in with Alya a few minutes before the bell rang.

"Hey Alya, hi Marinette." Alta waved and Marinette blushed five shades of red.

"O-h-hh h-iii A-a-a-drien," she managed to stammer out before tripping over herself to get to her seat.

Guess we're back to normal. How am I going to talk to her?

Adrien decided that a certain someone would have to receive another visit from a certain cat tonight.