--11-- I'll Stop When He's Mine --

Почніть із самого початку

@@@

"So you and Liam, huh?" Miki remarked as we ate lunch a few hours later. My headache had subsided after Miki had given me Tylenol so it no longer hurt to talk or look at the light as much.

"Apparently," I remarked.

"I thought he was dating one of the varsity girls?" she asked.

"It's complicated," I sighed.

"Which means?" she asked.

"He's kind of dating her and for sure screwing me," I replied quietly, taking a drink.

"And how do you feel about that?" she asked.

"Bad," I replied, "Really bad because I know my mom raised me better than that but I forget everything I was taught and all the morals I've ever learned go out the freaking window as soon as I see him and he flashes that grin and then the next thing I know we're making out behind the bleachers. But he's so sweet and he's thoughtful and I think I'm starting to catch feelings."

"Is that a bad thing, the catching feelings?" she asked.

"Yeah because he's dating Lila Coleman," I replied, "He told me he loved me that night, that's why I left in the middle of the night alone."

"No," she sighed.

"He told me he loved me, so I left because it's not true," I said, biting my lip, "He said it, I stopped kissing him, put on my shoes and walked out."

"Oh Olivia," she said.

"But he found me in the middle of the street," I said quietly, "And he waited in the waiting room of the hospital for five hours in the middle of the night until it was visiting hours because he didn't want me to be alone."

"Now do you believe him?" she asked.

"Almost," I replied quietly, "If he loved me he'd break up with her."
"I guess that's true," she sighed, "Give it time, let this blow over, get better, then talk about it if you want more than a hookup."

"Thanks Miki," I said.

@@@

"How's your head feeling Liv?" Liam asked as I laid on the couch next to him with my head on his chest that evening.

He refused to leave me alone even when I told him I was feeling better when he grabbed me after his last class of the day. He insisted he had nothing to do after picking me up from his workout after class and took me home and laid with me on the couch all evening since getting home

"Better," I replied, "I'm not really dizzy and the light doesn't bother me as bad. My phone still bugs my eyes though."

"Good," he said, putting his arm around me, "Still tired?"
"Yeah," I sighed, burying my head in his chest.

I could ignore everything else that was going on in my head when I was like this with him. My head on his chest, his hands in my hair. It was something that felt so intimate yet we had all our clothes on, it meant more to me too than him sleeping with me. This was something real, you couldn't deny that either of us had real feelings for each other in a situation like this.

"You won't hurt my feelings if you go to bed," he remarked, running his hands through my hair, "I'll sit out here and do my homework."
"I don't wanna go to bed alone," I said quietly, "But if you have homework-"
"I don't have anything due tonight, it's okay," he said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive," he replied, "There's nothing more important to me right now than sitting here with you until you're okay."
"Thank you," I said quietly, "For everything."
"Anything for you babe," he said, "Anything for you," he repeated, kissing my forehead softly.
@@@

That next afternoon, I convinced Miki to let me run errands for her instead of sitting around all day yet again going stir crazy because I couldn't even look at my phone for more than two or three minutes at a time. Right now, I was in the sports and fitness building across the parking lot from the rink dropping off some paperwork in one of the offices when I saw Lila and her team working out in the gym I was walking past.

I, of course, caught a glare from Lila, but the rest of the team soon joined in, shooting me death glares from all angles as everybody stopped what they were doing and stared at me as I awkwardly walked past.

I took a deep breath and kept my head up as I walked the rest of the way to the offices and quickly walked out of the building but I couldn't help but hear their whispers as they shot daggers into my chest.

"Can you believe it? What she's doing?"
I clenched my fist and took another deep breath and tried to ignore them when I heard my name.

"Hey Richards," Lila yelled from about twenty feet away, "Come over here."
"Nope, I'm leaving," I replied, not even bothering to look back at her.

"You on your way to hook up with my boyfriend?" she asked.

"Not right now," I replied, "Maybe later though, he's been staying with me since I got jumped Saturday night."

"What did you say?" she snapped.

"I said he's been with me since Saturday night," I replied.

I wasn't sure where my small burst of confidence came from, maybe I was delirious from the concussion, maybe I felt a little more confident after he told me he loved me and stayed with me at the hospital and refused to leave me alone ever since.

"Stupid bitch," she glared.

"You're obviously not doing something right," I laughed, "Or he wouldn't be with me every chance he got."

"Or maybe you're just a man stealing whore," she replied.

"Fuck off Coleman," I replied, rolling my eyes, "Your relationship status has been a light switch the entire time."

"Stop fucking my boyfriend," she yelled loudly as I walked away.

I thought about letting it go, letting her have the last word because it embarrassed the shit out of me. But for some reason, I opened my big ass mouth one more time.

"I'll stop when he's mine," I replied with a smirk as I walked out of the gym.

I always did like having the last word.

@@@
***