--6--Sneaking Around--

"What am I doing," I groaned as I flopped down onto my bed about an hour after Liam had left.

I was not the girl who slept with guys on her living room couch, hell, I hadn't even had sex until the night before. And I sure never pictured myself having sex for the first time with a guy who might've had a girlfriend on my living room couch for my roommate to find us the next morning.

"I can't believe you slept with Liam Simpson," Nikki remarked, shaking her head, "Seriously Liv, he and Lila are together."

"He said they weren't," I refuted.

"You shouldn't keep doing this Liv, you can't keep just believing everything he says," she sighed, "I'm serious."

"Maybe you should let me do whatever the hell I want," I snapped, "She went off on him yesterday and they broke up again, okay? I don't need you giving me shit. I'm not some twelve year old that needs you to tell me who I can and can't be with."

"Wait, Liv, did you stay with him Saturday night after the almost break in?" she asked.

"Yes I did, sorry I didn't consult you first," I retorted, rolling my eyes as I changed my clothes for practice.

"You've got to be kidding me," she groaned, "Seriously, that pissed Lila off so bad, she was in tears last night when she found out he took you home, you're the reason they broke up."

"Well I'm sorry if I was too caught up in the whole my apartment almost got broken into thing. I didn't have anywhere to stay and he slept on the couch the whole night," I snapped, telling only half the truth, "Oh yea, and it's none of your fucking business."

"I'm just saying you should be careful Liv, I don't trust him," she said.

"Well I trust him and I know him a hell of a lot better than you ever will," I snapped.

"I can't believe this Olivia, this is a bad idea, you're going to regret this," she said.

"I'm going to do whatever the hell I want because I like Liam, I like Liam a lot, he doesn't have a girlfriend and I don't have a boyfriend, I can be with whoever the hell I want to and I don't need you telling me otherwise," I added, grabbing my backpack and storming out of the apartment.

@@@

I spent a few hours in the library after practice. I didn't want to go back to the apartment with Nikki, not after the argument we had this morning. I knew that I'd get shit from her, she heard about what Lila knew and what was going on whether I told her or not.

I felt bad that I was the reason they broke up, but I also knew that Lila Coleman could be a real bitch and she got mad at the stupidest shit, Liam had told me how she randomly got pissed at him and wouldn't tell him the reason for her anger and piss poor attitude. And it wasn't just that she'd get mad at him, she'd get mad at him and quit talking to him at all. She'd go through phases where she would delete any trace of him on social media and follow and unfollow him on a daily basis. She was more drama than I ever dreamed of being even when I was a stupid high schooler.

Beyond that, she hardly ever spent time with him. Shit, I wasn't more than a friend to him until I made out with him forty-eight hours ago and I'd spent more time with him prior to that than she had and she was supposed to be his girlfriend. She didn't show up to his games and when she did she didn't even get there on time and would leave before the game was over.

Liam found me in my hiding place in the corner of the library again that evening, I guess a hiding place is only good until someone finds you the first time.

"You okay?" he asked, after having sat across the table from me for five minutes in complete silence.

"Nope," I replied, "My best friend thinks I'm a whore because I slept with someone else's boyfriend and because I'm the reason poor Lila Coleman's heart is broken."