I noticed he said friend in singular. Perceptive. Not that I wanted anything to happen to the guys.

"Please, just let us go. Is it money you want? I don't have much, but I'll give you what I have."

Jeryl laughed. "Money? You think we want money from you?" He stepped closer just as Duncan wrapped his arms around me from behind. "We want something more primal from you." He held his hand over my neck like he was going to choke me "Much more primal."

"Don't touch her!" Shaun yelled.

Jeryl laughed. "Showing concern for the girl who rebuffed you? Humans are so interesting."

"Like you're not human?" Chad asked.

"No. We're not."

In a flash, one of the guys holding Reyna leaned her head back and rested his long sharp teeth on her neck. Fangs. The guy had fangs.

Jeryl laughed at my obvious fear. "Hold your hands out behind your back, or he bites."

"What the fuck are you?" Chad struggled against his captors as he tried to get to Reyna.

Duncan laughed again. "You're denser than I thought."

"Vampires," I said the word slowly. I knew they couldn't actually be supernatural, but they wanted to be. I'd read about the condition online. People who want to be vampires so bad that they have sharp teeth implanted and stuff. Insane, but these guys totally fit the bill. Fake or not, those teeth could cut Reyna. I held my hands out behind me. "Let her go."

"If we let her go she'll just call for help."

"No she won't."

"You think your friend would leave you for dead?" Duncan asked.

Jeryl tied my wrists. "It doesn't matter. We can't take the risk. We don't need her, but we won't kill her if you cooperate."

"And what does cooperating involve?" I tried to keep my voice strong, but dealing with crazy people for nearly an hour was taking its toll. I was exhausted, and I just wanted to press rewind and be back at East Madison.

"Don't scream or make a scene."

"We're not going down quietly," Chad growled.

"Oh yes, you will." His captors started pulling him forward. Like the rest of us, his hands were tied behind him.

They led us back through the VIP room. The bead curtains seemed more menacing this time.

"Get in."

I blinked in the darkness. "I can't see." That line was starting to get old.

"Sorry." The lights suddenly turned on again, and I saw a long, black bag in front of me. "Uh, what am I supposed to do with that?"

"Get into it."

I glanced around. My friends were situated in front of similar bags.

"You want to put us in body bags?" Shaun said incredulously. "Aren't you going to kill us first?"

"Would you like me to?" Duncan asked. His dead pan voice seemed a whole lot more sinister this time around.

"Duncan. Go find Lloyd," Jeryl barked.

"Now? Aren't you getting ready to leave?" Duncan glared at Jeryl.

"I said to go. He's the only one missing."

"Fine. But wait for me."

"No. We'll see you there."

"You just want her first," Duncan snarled.