Chapter Seven

"Reyna!" I screamed her name. We had to get out of there and fast.

I fought to break away from Duncan only to find that all three of my friends were being held by two men each.

"Daisy." Jeryl broke into a smile. "Lovely to see you again."

"Why are my friends being held against their will?" Of course I realized I was also being held, but I decided not to go there yet.

"We run an exclusive club. We can't have just any riff raff running around."

"You mean the VIP room isn't the only exclusive spot?" I tried my best to sound genuine.

"Entry to our club has certain requirements." He clasped his hands together. "We are willing to waive those requirements for you, dear, but not for them."

"Why? If it's a female thing, why are you holding Reyna?"

"She smells like sex." One of the guys holding Shaun wrinkled up his face. "Human-human sex."

"Uh, yeah I don't have sex with non-humans." Reyna paled. "If you guys are into bestiality I'm sorry, but you're sick."

"Who said anything about bestiality? We enjoy sex with humans." Duncan returned his hand to my shoulder. I recoiled. This was all his fault. Or mine. I was the one who had insisted on going out with him, wasn't I?

"So you're holding us hostage because we smell like sex?" Shaun sneered.

"You don't smell of sex." Jeryl gave him a patronizing smile. "You smell of desperation." The crazy guy got that right.

"Is that so? Then why was Daisy in my bed last night?" I was about to argue when Shaun shot me a look. "If you're looking for a virgin sacrifice or something, Daisy isn't going to cut it."

Was the creep really helping me?

"She's definitely not a virgin," Reyna added.

I'd never been happier to have people talk about my sex life.

"She hasn't had sex in months." Jeryl said it as a statement. He was right, but that didn't mean I was going to agree.

"Shaun's telling the truth. I was in his bed last night."

"And you jumped out screaming." Duncan squeezed my shoulder. "I was there, or did you forget?"

I groaned internally. Oh yeah.

Jeryl kept his gaze on me. "We can discuss this later. We have to move."

"Move?" I looked to Jeryl with my question.

"We can't get caught with the evidence here." He reached for my hand, but I pulled it back.

"Come now, I assure you we're going to get to know each other very well." He licked his lips.

"No, we're not." I looked him straight in the eye. That's when I noticed he had this same weird colored ring in his eyes that Duncan had. I looked at the other men, they had the same thing. Freaky.

"We are. And right now you're going to put your wrists together so I can bind them."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Why would I do that?" I stepped back. That turned out to be a mistake as I walked right into Duncan's chest.

"Because you'd rather I didn't kill your friend."