Chapter 2 - Jamies POV

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know him" I spoke.

"How?" He questioned, a sense of confusion in his voice.

"He is the guy I'm going out with tonight" I informed casually. I glanced over at Olly to see him smiling at me.

"You always get the hot guys" Jaymii sulked, crossing his arms over his chest.

I was laughing at his reaction when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

From: Olly

Didn't know you were a life guard here :)

I looked over to him and he smirked.

To: Olly

Didn't know you were staying here ;)

He looked at his phone and grinned at me.

From: Olly

I'm going now but i'll see you later, wanna meet at 6? We can go out and eat something?

To: Olly

That would be great, I know this really nice restaurant :)

He packed up all his stuff and started walking over to me.

"See you later" he winked, walking out of the pool exit.

"I hate you" Jaymii playfully growled at me. I giggled at him and sat back in my chair.

3 O'clock

"I hate my job!" I moaned to Jaymii, walking along my street.

"We all hate our jobs" he replied sighing, referring to the other lifeguards who work at the pool.

"Yeah well I'm gonna leave once I decide what else I wanna do" I laughed, knowing it was never gonna happen.

"See you tomorrow" I spoke. I pulled him into a hug and walked into my house.

I hate living here. Sure, the house is nice but living on my own aint the greatest. Every morning I wake up and I'm alone. Every night I go to sleep and I'm alone again. I hate it.

I looked at the clock to see it was four o'clock. Two hours to get ready. What do I even wear? Shorts? Jeans? Leggings? A skirt? And what about shoes? Flip flops? Sandals? Pumps? Converse?

Is this even a date or is it just hanging out?

All these questions whizzed through my head at once. I was about to go decide what to wear when my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

From: Olly

So i'll pick you up from yours at 6? :)

To: Olly

Okay, i'll see then

I plugged my phone into charge and made my way up to my room. My pale cream walls were so boring. Because I'm only renting the house I'm not allowed to decorate. It sucks!

I scanned through my wardrobe and eventually settled on my light blue patterned skinny jeans and white long sleeve skinny t-shirt. I paired it with my nude pumps and nude clutch bag.

I complete my look by putting my hair up into a scruffy bun and applying minimum make-up such as foundation and mascara. I filled my clutch with my phone, purse and compact mirror ( just incase the damn wind decides to ruin my hair. again!)

I glance at my phone to see it was already 6. Damn, it took me two hours just to do this. And like clock work the doorbell rang.

I skipped down the stairs and opened the door to a smiling Olly. He was wearing a pair stone knee shorts, a grey polo top and a trilby hat to top off the look.

"Woah" he spoke breathlessly, gazing at my apperance.

"Stop it" I teased, whacking his arm with my clutch. I locked up the door and placed the keys in my bag.

"So whats this really nice restaurant you know?" Olly questioned, placing quotation marks around the works I had text him earlier that day.

"Its more of a cafe. Its right on the sea front and has the nicest food" I grinned. He smiled in response and chuckled.

"Great, cuz I'm starving" he moaned, clutching his 'empty' stomach.

"You don't have to answer me, but what happened at home to make you come here in your own?" I questioned, walking along side Olly.

"Well, my girlfriend broke up with me, I hate my job, and I went on 'Deal Or No Deal' and only won a tenner. So I'm pretty bummed out" he spoke, laughing slightly on the last few words.

I nodded along to his words and stopped infront of a small cafe by the sand.

"The Seashell"

"Hello and welcome to the seashell. How many people will be eating with us today?" A young waitress asked. Her deep brown hair was pulled into a high ponytail and she was chewing a piece of gum with attitude. If thats even possible.

"Just two please" I replied. The waitress (named Naomi according to her name badge). She picked up a menu off the side and walked off towards a table by the window.

We thanked her and sat down.

"What great service" Olly spoke sarcastically, referring to the gum chewing and the attitude.

"Yeah" I laughed, scanning over the menu.

"I think im gonna have the bass and chips" Olly spoke, pointing to a specific word.

"Me too. It's really good" I grinned. The same waitress walked over and out her hand on her hip.

"You ready to order?" She muttered, flipping open her notebook. Olly rolled his eyes and me and I laughed quietly.

"Can we have two bass and chips please" he spoke, folding up the menu and handing it back to Naomi. She sighed and walked over to what I assume was the kitchen.

"No tip for her" I commented. Olly laughed.

"So tell me something about you. Why do you live here?" He questioned, leaning his arm on the table.

"Well I used to come here on holiday when I was a kid, and I always wanted to live here. So when I finished university I moved here" I explained, using various hand gestures as I did.

He nodded along and was about to say something when Naomi interrupted us with our food.

"Here" she moaned, shoving the plates on the table. I rolled my eyes at her and started eating my food.

*after the meal - walking home*

"So what you doing for the rest of your time here?" I questioned, slipping my shoes off my feet.

We were walking along the sand back towards my house.

"Nothing really" he replied chuckling. Olly was such a funny person. One of those generally nice guys.

"Well we can hang out a bit" I smiled, turning my head towards him.

"That would be great" he grinned. After several words of conversation we arrived back at my house.

"Are you coming to the pool tomorrow?" I questioned, fishing my keys out my bag.

"Yeah, I should be there at about twelve" he informed.

"I'll see you there then" I smiled.

"See you" he waved, kissing me on the cheek. I waved back at him and submerged into my house.

Oh.my.god. I've only known him a day and my heart already skips a beat. Can't wait to see him tomorrow.