"Is that bad?" I quickly asked feeling
a slight pinch of offense.

He did this light chuckle and side smile turning to press a few buttons on the register. "$187.59."

I handed him the plastic card and he ran it. All I had to do was sign my name.

"Have a good day." He said ripping the receipt out of the maker and putting it into my bag. I nodded and started walking away. Soon, I heard him calling out to me, "Hey you!"

I stopped and turned around. He quickly caught up to me, "I didn't catch your name."

"Y/N."

"Well, Y/N. I'm Max."

"Nice to meet you." I tried to leave but he stopped me again, "Wait, wait. Listen, if your Dad and you are still in town by next weekend, you should come to a club I manage."

"You manage a club?"

He nodded, "Yeah. I do. But we are having a huge party with a few surprise guests and I think it would be really cool if you came."

"Where's it at?"

He reached in the back pocket of his jeans and pulled out a small white card. 'The Scorpion'. Max started talking again and I looked up at him. "It just right downtown. Invite some friends and come down. I can get you
some drinks."

"You do realize I'm not 21, right?"

He smiled and nodded, "Yes, but pretty girls at a club means something is going right. And trust me. When you see the opening act, you'll thank me."

I took a deep breath quickly thought it over, "Saturday?"

"Yeah at 10:30. Bring at least 5 people. Ten at the most."

"Five will do." I said looking up to him, "I'll see if I can get out there."

"Okay then. I'll see you there."

I began walking away when my phone started going off again. I decided to just grab a coffee and walk to a bench next to a store I planned on looking at next.

7:48 PM

Ally: young lady, where are you?

Y/N: excuse me?

Ally: you were supposed to be in your room sleeping and Camila was supposed to wake you up to come downstairs. not to runaway and go out to cause havoc while we get stuck with our families.

Y/N: oh, well um Ally. about that

Ally: 😒 I don't even want to hear it. just get back here as soon as possible.

Y/N: okay

Ally: and that means to leave now. Not in like 30 minutes.

Y/N: chill out, mama bear. I'll be home soon.

I locked my phone and took a quick sip of the hot coffee. As the hot liquid met my burning lips, a hand smacked the cup down making what felt like molten lava cover my lap.

I turned to see who had done it, but I wish I hadn't because my cheek connected with a fist.

"Well, well, well, Daddy finally let his little daughter out by herself." Donny said in her ugly rasped voice. "That was a bad decision."

"What the fuck did I ever do to you Donny?"

"You messed with my girl."

"Before that." I yelled at her. "I was new for school the first day of freshman year and ever since that day, you've continued to torment me. Why the fuck are you so evil?"

"Don't feel so special." She gritted, "You're just on a list of people I fuck with."

"I don't fuck with you." I said, feeling so much anger well up inside of me that made me stand up to her. "Now why don't you be a decent human being and leave me the fuck alone."

"Oh, are you going to make me?"

She was taunting me. I hated it. I hated feeling like a little bug she could burn in the sun when she was bored. So, I took it as a threat and just ran after her, catching her off guard so she'd fall onto her back.

I just began punching and hitting her in the face and I thought it was going good until she somehow turned me over and started to hit me, hard, and repetitively. Donny was much stronger than me so the blows to my head were getting worse. I was starting to blur out with each hit.

Finally, my hearing went muffled but it was like someone was yelling as they pulled her off of me.

I began coughing and turned to spit out a unhealthy amount of blood. My head was spinning and now all I could hear was this loud pitch ringing sound.

I tried to blink my eyes as a way to clear my vision and when I could see clearer, it was as though Donny was ranting heavily while her friends had to pull her away. But everything around me was on mute so luckily I couldn't hear it.

I got up on my own and some guy in a black t-shirt looked at me, "Are you okay?" I read his lips.

I pushed him off and grabbed my things so I could start walking. I needed to get out of there because I was starting to feel worse and worse.

I hurried to get to the second floor of the mall and go to the parking lot to get into the car. My vision was still so bad, and I couldn't hear anything. Getting anxious about it made me start to get even more lightheaded than before.

I needed to get to the hospital because I knew that I would never make it home like this. I don't know exactly where I was or why I did it, but I parked and stopped the car just hoping I made it somewhere safe. I couldn't drive anymore. Hell, I couldn't do anything. My head was just pounding and I had no other reason to move.

The driver door opened and I started getting pulled out. A bright light flashed in my eyes, and I tried to look around, but it was too late. Whatever was holding onto me, wanted me to stand up. I had no more energy left in my body so my legs just felt like jell-o. I hit the ground below and knocked myself out cold.

+

a/n:

I have plans

-agf