Chapter 23: Being interviewed

Officer Perez P.O.V

When I yanked the shower curtain back, I was expecting to find a hobo or a man, I wasn't expecting a little girl.  I stare at her, she stares at me, it's like we're both trying to see who's going to make the next move.

Suddenly she bursts into tears, I bend down so I can talk to her, real softly I say," are you okay​?" she dries her eyes, stands up and says," I,I,I think so mister.." I tell her,"Perez, Officer Perez, can you tell me your name?" She swallows and says," Drew,it's, it's Drew".

I say," well Drew can you follow me outside the bathroom and onto the living room so we can talk?". She nods and follows me, once we get to the living room, she sits down on the couch, I stand infront of her, take out my notepad and pen, and start asking questions," okay​, Drew can you tell me what you're doing here?".

She sniffles and says," well, I was reading a book in my bedroom waiting for my mom to come home, when I hear a loud crash coming from across the hallway, you see I'm not one of those kids who get into other people's business, so I, I hid in the shower because I was scared, then I heard footsteps, so I,I, just kept quiet".

I put my notepad away, and stare at her before I talk again," okay​, Drew, listen you seem like a nice kid, so I'm not going to arrest you,however I want your mom to call me so that I can have a talk with her" I pull my card out of my pocket, hand it to her, and walk out the door.

But I don't actually leave, instead, I inch my head inside the room a little to see what she's gonna do, she crumbles the card I have her into a little ball, she walks over to the master bed, lays down and shuts her eyes, now's my chance, I think, I take my handcuffs out of my pocket and start creeping back into the room, quietly, I at the right side of the bed, I handcuff one of the bed post than as fast as lightning I grab her hand and handcuff her to the bedpost, I catch a glimpse of her face expression, she's shocked. I think,gotcha you little liar.