9-Making the ultimate score (well sort of)

Comenzar desde el principio

Gerard didn't seem to notice the door open nor me stepping in, as he was simply so absorbed in his work. Was I wrong to say that his concentration face was adorable? But then again I found anything the guy did adorable, I wasn't one to judge.

Placing my bag onto the table again quietly, I got my stool and walked over towards the desk. Most of the times I was up here we would either do some grading, put art work or art supplies away or he was simply teaching me those classes on metamorphism, that he had promised me on the first afternoon that we had spent together.

"It's looking pretty awesome sir" I said quietly, not wanting to startle him.

Luckily, I hadn't and his hand slowly moved away with his brush, and his beautiful hazel eyes lifted up to mine, a grin creasing in his lips.

"It needs a lot more work, but thank you" he hummed, still fixated on his work.

I nodded, inspecting the skull further. It was mostly white, but the way he was skilfully adding black to the sculpture, it was looking more like a skull mask. Black eye sockets, sharp jaws that were starting to be shaded and a rough sketch of teeth for a mouth. Then again, you wouldn't expect anything less from an awesome art teacher like Gerard.

"It looks pretty close to done."

His beautiful hazel eyes flickered up to catch mine for a glimpse of a second, my heart giving that little extra shudder as they soon fell back down to his work. There was a soft smirk on his lips, and it caused that familiar feeling to stir in the bottom of my stomach as I simply watched him work.

"It needs about three more coats."

He placed one more stroke of black paint onto his work before placing it delicately onto the table, as if he was placing a piece of fine china down. His movements were done with such beauty, elegance and precision. I knew that I probably shouldn't have been watching his movements so carefully, analysing and finding the beauty in everything he did. But, that wasn't going to stop me anytime soon.

Looking up, Gerard had a grin on his face.

"Now, what shall we get on with today?"

~

The hour we spent together moved as quickly as it usually did, it mostly consisted of sorting out the books in the back of the room, helping Gerard grading some art again, and tidying up the room a little.

We carried a conversation at a nice pace, after all we had seemingly grown somewhat comfortable around each other. It was nice, after all it was comforting to be around him. Gerard was one of the only reasons I bothered to even come to school, not that I was willing to tell anyone that in the first place.

While we were sharing information, I had even found out that Gerard has a habit of smoking outside of school hours, has an unhealthy obsession for coffee and was proud to call himself sober. And once in class, we had even ended up leaving a little earlier to share a cigarette before my mother arrived to pick me up.

Gerard was becoming more of a friend than a teacher.

Though, he had given me a small lecture about smoking and how it wasn't good for you, but that hadn't stopped us from taking further drags of the lit cigarettes in between our fingers.

Now, it was about 10 minutes before my detention would finish for the afternoon, and I had just texted my mother that it was time to be picked up. She was making a real effort to do work at home, and her boss was totally fine with that thankfully, so most afternoons it would be her giving me a lift home.

We had finished our work quite quickly, so this left us some time to simply talk and not do anymore work. It was nice, and yet again as I had said before this was one of the many reasons I wanted to even come to school in the first place.