9-Making the ultimate score (well sort of)

Start from the beginning

"You have a strong point Iero, but continuing on the subject..." I blocked out her droning again, sneaking a look at my glowing phone screen under the table.

Luckily there was only roughly 6 minutes left, and then I would be able to spend another hour together with my red head.

While we were spending time together, we had gotten to know each other even more than the first day. We dropped little things to one another, like I got to know a little about Gerard's childhood and his mother, also about his amazing artwork and how he was trying to get a comic book of his published. It was amazing, it made me wonder why he hadn't simply become an artist full time and why he hadn't ditched his teacher career.

He had asked a lot of questions about my past, like how my old school was and how I used to act. Telling him about my bad behaviour seemed to make him amused, and it would always end with us laughing about what happened.

Placing my phone away, I was lucky to notice it was only about 3 minutes now, and I watched to my side as Patrick scribbled down notes while watching the teacher with a look of concentration on his face. I didn't know how he did it, but you had to give the guy credit for not getting bored and giving up on the lesson.

Brendon himself was gaming on the phone in his lap, or maybe talking to Ryan who the hell knows, while Kellin sat the furthest away, drawing small little things around the border of his book while jotting random things down. I was the only one trying to take a nap, but not even the teacher had made a comment about my head laying against the table.

I watched the three of them, waiting for the minutes to speed up.

Luckily it did, and the familiar shrill call of the bell filled the school.

Kids quickly stuffed their books into their bags, which included me, and everyone was out of the classroom before our old teacher even got a chance to make it back to her desk and sit down. Brendon, Patrick, Kellin and I all stood up and pushed our chairs in before leaving the room after the stampede.

"Detention again with your lover?" Brendon teased as we came to the corridor which was where we would split off, me heading back towards the flights of stairs to the left and the others continued forward to their freedom.

"Fuck off Urie!" I shouted over my shoulder, flipping him the bird.

All I could hear was his chuckling as I continued to walk further away. My walk had improved as my legs had grown even stronger and were now practically normal, so it was easier for me to make the journey around the school and up the stairs to the art rooms.

I had to admit, I had a small spring in my step as I walked up the last flight of stairs. I was always happy to be in Gerard's presence, and he always seemed to be friendly and partly open with me while I had detention. I had even started to call him by his first name like he had wanted me to, and it had made me realise something quite blatant.

I had a big crush on my Art teacher.

Yes, all my friends were right when they teased me, but there was no way in hell they were ever going to find out that they were right.

And there was definitely no way that Gerard himself would figure it out either.

I didn't bother to knock on the door now, it was a habit that hadn't kept with me, and as I opened the door I saw the familiar art room with Gerard sitting at his desk. Paint brush in hand, he was adding small little details to the clay skull he had been working on.

We had moved on to painting our clay works, I had decided to go with a simply guitar like structure (but the first drawing may or may not have been Gerard) and I was sculpting it to be a mirror image of my own at home. Even though I was tempted to do a statue of my beautiful girl sweat pea.