Chapter nine: Don't let me drown.

Matthews P.O.V
*******************
Thomas was able to flip us, causing us to fall on some poor student but I could care less right now. I blinked once, twice, maybe a third time. My eyes were watering, stinging even. He pulled his fist back ready to pounce at any moment. His eyes darkened, if it was possible, as he swung. Luckily he missed me but he got that poor student. All I heard was " Holy shit!" and immediately recognized it as Abbs. " You did not!" I yelled. I was infuriated. obviously.
" Just fucking did!" He smirked. It was devilish, hideous. I couldn't stand it. I pushed him off, seeing Abbs lie there. I gently pushed her away so she wouldn't get hurt.
******************
Abbygails P.O.V
*****************
Matthew gently pushed me away from the scene as Thomas was struggling to get back to Matthew.
Matthew found his way to Thomas, clenched his jaw and threw a punch. Teachers started to notice, coming the scene to try and break it up. I stood there, motionless, and briefly heard someone repeatedly telling me to get Matthew out of here at the top of their lungs.
I started walking towards them, adrenaline rushing throughout my entire body. " Matthew, it's not worth it. Come on!" He looked at me, cautiously holding Thomas back. I pointed the teachers walking over, calling for more teachers and possibly police officers. He nodded, telling me that he understood what I've just told him. He shoved Thomas away from him, walking away with me. We walked past shouting teachers, telling us that we needed to stay.
We eventually got to my dads car. I unlocked it getting in and putting my seatbelt on. Matthew getting in seconds later. I slowly looked at him, I had never seen Matthew look like this.
" You okay,Abbs?" He asked reaching over to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. No " Yeah" I replied, lying. " Matthew?" I asked.
"Yeah?" He replied in a very low voice.
"Don't let me drown."