The Rain

This is dedicated to you as in gratitude for dedicatong your poem Broken Song to me some time ago.

________________________________________________________________________

I liked it when it rained....

I liked the rainy days the most...

Those were the days when you would come close to me the most. That was a time when you would hold me close.

You never really liked the rain much...so you would hold me close and listen to my musical breathing. My soft voice. You always told me my voice put you to sleep. It calmed you down.

I liked it when it rained....

I liked the rainy days the most...

That was when you would hold me the most. You would let my arms protect you from the rain. And the sounds it could make.

You were made for the sun and its warmth....the bright days.

You hated puddles...you felt like you were drowning.

The rain brought us close and that was when we talked the most. All hours of the night...until we fell asleep.

Do you know why I liked it when it rained?

Do you know why I liked the rainy days the most?

That was when you had the most comforting smiles

That was when you gave me the sweetest kisses

and said the sweetest things.

It was when we were the most of ourselves with one another.

It was the rain that brought us so close to an almost unbreakable bond.

It was the rain that sang our song

it was the the rain that made you hold me close. It made you listen to my racing heart beat.

It's thundering right now....

Do you still think of them? My voice? My arms? My heart beat?

Do you still think of those times when it rained?

Do those thoughts comfort you?

Help you feel at ease as much as I did? Or do you suffer a bit...without me by your side,

I still think of all of that....

The feeling of your soft strong hand on mine

and your soft lips///

Your arms that made me relax...kept me safe.

its sad that you left on one of those days...the days you didn't like so much. A day it rained...a day that you would have me protect you...

Do you know why I liked it when it rained?

Do you know why I like rainy days the most?

its what made you specail...

The rain is what made me love you...

Its what will make me never forget you...

Even though you are now a part of what you didn't like so much....the rain.