1:

Evanesco

The Vanishing Spell

<><><><><><>

Flashback

"Harry Potter is Dead!"

"No!"

"Silence! Stupid Girl. Harry Potter is Dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me. Harry Potter is dead. And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us, or die."

"Draco." A hushed whisper caught Hermione's attention, bringing her eyes from the lifeless body in Haggrid's arms. It was Lucius, Draco's father calling for him. "Draco."

Hermione pulled her eyes from Harry's lifeless body to chance meeting the eyes of Draco's. For a brief moment his grey eyes fell upon hers leaving her breathless. She could recognize the fear as she starred a moment longer. She could have sworn he was trying to get her attention, almost as if he was summoning for help.

"Draco." His mother then added a brief moment later. "Come."

He didn't dare meet her eyes again as he took a step forward. He knew if he did then he wouldn't be able to move through the crowd of people to join his mother and father. Before he stepped past the last person he could of sworn he heard the faint whisper of his name on her lips. He turned for a split moment and saw her eyes, prickled with tears, her mouth slightly open. He wondered if she actually did call for him, if she actually cared. No, he suddenly shook his head and looked towards the Dark Lord, pushing the thought away. No on ever cared so what difference did it make if he was killed by one of his classmates, that fate seemed more appealing than dying at the hand of the Dark Lord.

"Malfoy." Hermione hadn't realized the words escape her mouth once more but when they did she saw him stop. His shoulders seemed to lose their stiffness and she saw the wand in his sleeve drop slowly into his hand. She would have missed it if she hadn't already been looking.

Before Draco had a moment to change his mind the words escaped his lips, "Confringo!"

'''''''''

Present

"Hermione! Hermione!" Harry's voice penetrated Hermione's mind as she quickly sat up from her dream. "You were screaming again. Was it another nightmare?"

Hermione nodded and gave Harry a soft smile trying to reassure him that she was alright.

"Would you like some tea? That helps sometimes doesn't it?" Harry asked calmly and waited for her response.

"No thanks. I'm just going to get some air." Hermione said trying to stand up. Harry quickly grabbed her arm and swiftly helped her off the ground where she had been sleeping a few feet away from him. She moved silently through the large tent they had transfigured to protect them.

"It's still dark out, be careful." Harry said calmly and Hermione glanced back at him and gave him a nod and left him in the darkness of the tent.

Hermione pulled her jacket around her tighter as she sent a concealment charm over their hide out. She took a deep breath and began to walk towards the small pond that was only yards away from their tent. She shut her eyes and tried to remember their reasons for being out here once more.

Flashback

Draco had just attempted to explode the last horcrux, Nagini, with Confringo and almost succeeded. That was all it took for Hermione to join the fight. She lifted her wand quickly.