At The Pool Party

We're having a pool party at a friend's house later today. I'm on my way to meet Lucas & Marcus in the school yard so we can go together. I already know it's going to be awkward seeing them.

For some reason, I don't know why, Marcus hates me. Which is weird, because I never did anything to him! Me and the twins have the same classes and I get along extremely well with Lucas, we are good friends and time seems to pass faster whenever we sit next to each other in class.

Marcus, on the other hand, constantly avoids me. When I'm around, he is quiet or only gives 1-word replies. What hurts the most is that I don't know why he acts like this!

The two of them are sitting on the benches near the basketball court. I go and say hi, Lucas smiles and says hi back, hugging me, but Marcus just nods his head. Whatever, I was expecting this reaction anyway.

"Ready to go over to John's house? Can't wait, I'm in the mood for a swim!" Lucas says, and we all head over to the party. When we arrive, Marcus instantly goes somewhere else, while Lucas and I change to get into the water.

We swim, race (he won), play volleyball (I won), splash around. I'm in a great mood, but also a bit tired so I go inside the house to get a drink.

Unfortunately, Marcus is already at the fridge, taking out a carton of orange juice. He sees me and turns to leave without saying a word, without even pouring himself a drink. Annoyed, I shout: "Marcus, what is going on? Why are you acting like this?"