chapter 3

This situation seemed very off, very, wrong. "Rachel?" He immediately answered. "Oh uh how did you know this was me?" I asked. "I didn't. I just hoped it would be." He replied, sighing "Well what if it was one if the lads calling, you know they had it out for me. They would probably cringe at the sound of my name." I said. "I wouldn't answer with Rachel then, because their name shows up on my screen." He explained. Oh wow. Why didn't I think of that? I've been acting so dumb lately. What is wrong with me?

"Right. So um what did you want?" I asked. "I'm not exactly sure to be honest. I didn't expect you to call. But I'm really glad you did." He quickly added.

Of course, he was really glad I did. What was that supposed to mean? "Alex I didn't call you so we could just hear each other breathing. Where did you go, and why did you leave?" I questioned.

"Rachel it's nothing. I was just- well not normal teenager problems." He said. "If these unusual problems have anything to do with all the weird looks and stare downs that you got, things are better now. You aren't even young enough to be in high school anymore. Nineteen going on twenty is graduating age, and I'm guessing you don't want to go back to school." I told him. "Yeah well even if they see me around town they will recognize me. They will whisper. Make more things up. The things they said, they sounded so -horrible." He spoke. He mumbled something else, but I couldn't quite catch it. "What was that?" I asked him. "Oh nothing." He responded. I only heard the words 'was true.' "Alex, do they uh, still hate me? I mean I really don't even remember what they look like or what their names are." I said. "You will get to catch up on the soon, but as far as I know, I think they're just afraid of you." He said. "Wait, why are they afraid of me?" I continued to question. "Because, what you have in you is intimidating. You are a very powerful person, Rach." He said. The familiar words and nickname rang through the phone like repeating history. "Have you, uh, said that to me before?" I asked him. "I don't know, probably. Hey I will see you tonight." He said hanging up. What was that supposed to mean?

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. It was 5 o'clock. It was almost dinner time and I was really hungry. I got up from my nap and took a shower. I stepped into the steaming shower.

I dried off my hair with my towel and sat down at my mirror. I pulled out my makeup and got to work. I then put on a shirt that was a dark purple crop top that had city buildings on the bottom. As you got closer to my neck, the purple gradually turned more pink. It was my favorite shirt, and my best friend actually made it. She photo shopped the color so it was fading and photo shopped the city on it. Then she printed it onto a shirt. I wore some skinny jeans to go with it and black vans to match the color of the buildings.

I loosely curled my hair and hopped into my car. I drove off towards food thinking about what Alex said every second of the way there. Was I supposed to be meeting him without knowing? whatever he meant, I just assumed I would soon find out.

I unlocked the front door of my house and stepped inside. I was actually about to move out of here. I had one more week to pack up my stuff and I don't know how I'm going to get it all by myself.
I walked up to my room and set down my bag, flopping onto my bed. My window was open and I could hear all the cars passing through. I lived in New York, so it was a very busy place.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up to see a number I recognized as Alex's."Hey. What were you -" I started. But he cut me off. "Help me up." He said. "What?" I asked. "Help me up." He said again. There at my window, I saw dark brown hair appearing. "Alex!" I screeched. "What are you doing here?" I whisper-yelled.

As I tried helping him in his shirt was lifted. "Alex, your shirt." I mumbled. He looked down, "Thanks for pointing out the obvious, love." He said with a smirk. I attempted putting my long dirty blonde hair in my face to cover any signs of blushing.
"Alex what are you doing here?" I asked him. "Awe babe did you miss me?" he asked. What was up with him? He was being unusually flirty. "Alex, of course I missed you. And for a while it drove me crazy not knowing where you were or why you left. You better start answering some of my questions." I said. "Relax, beautiful. I will answer the questions, but only the ones I want. No pushing it or I'm gone." He warned.