-ONE-

"Morning!" I called to my Mother who was currently mixing a bowl of what smelled like pancake batter.

"Morning Alisa. How did you sleep?"

"Good. I'm going to go for a walk." I informed her as I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Make sure you stay hidden. Your father is not the nicest when Kurnai is angry." She warns. A shiver runs down my spine as I remember our old farm.

"Yes Mum!" I call as I slam the door behind me.

+++

"Hey boy." I greet Thunder.

Thunder's my younger brother who Mum gave birth to in horse form. Hence why he is a foal.

Thunder is only his horses name. His human name is Thomas.

I outstretch my arm and feed him the apple. I laugh as his whiskery horse lips brush my hand.

After he's demolished the apple I wipe my hands on my jeans before I open the door to his stall.

He trots alongside me as I lead him to the pasture by the house.

I open the gate and he walks in alowing me to close it behind him.

I start to walk away but he whinnies softly.

"Fine." I say as I walk into the paddock and focus on letting her out.

Seconds later, bones crack, and my human body has shrunk leaving me as a buckskin mare (A/N picture above) standing at around 15 hands. And still growing.

I've always loved how gorgeous Kat is. Most shifters have bays or chestnuts with the occasional black, grey or paint.

Black stockings. Black mane and tail. Light brown body with a small white star.

Our family has pretty unique colourings. For example, Dad was a blue roan, Mum an almost silver colour, Jane -my fourteen year old sister- was like Mum, and little Thomas -well Thunder technically- was jet black.

So whilst we all had gorgeous horses I definitely loved Kat's looks more than the others.

"Finally Kat!" Thunder groaned. "I've been wanting to talk to you for aaaagggeeessss!" I can't help but laugh.

"What do you want to talk about young colt?"

"Well, young filly, I wanted to ask when I could shift?"

I think for a second.

"I first shifted when I was 12, so you've got two more years little buddy."

He groaned. "Sooo... sixteen tomorrow." He said changing the subject.

"Yup."

"So you're going to find 'the one'? Huh?" If he was in human form he would have done air quotation marks at 'the one'.

I laughed.

"You don't always find your mate on your 16th." I informed him. "A lot of the time you don't find them until they too have turned sixteen." He nodded his black head.

"Don't werewolves find there's at 17?"

"Yes and alot shift for the first time then too. There are very few who shift earlier. Ones that do shift before are usually from a family of great power."

He nods and I laugh.

"Can we play?" I laughed he can be such a foal sometimes. I guess he never has anyone to play with. I nod and he throws his head back releasing a joyous neigh.

"Come on little on. I bet you can't catch me!" I turn on my heels and race towards the other end of the paddock.

~~~~~~~

And I proudly present chapter 1!!!!!!!

Yay! I'm so happy.

I do have a habit of starting stories and not finishing then so feel free to give me a boot up the bum.

I'm so happy! I made the cover myself, I really think I'm getting good at throwing together some random screenshots.

I also don't know aheap about wolves so be warned. And feel free to correct !e on anything. I just made it that wolves usually shift at 17 as it sorta fits in with whats going to happen.

Well.... Until next time.

Bu-bye

-TheDivergentGames_75

19/02/2016