Home Town Comfort

Start from the beginning

"Shut up," I giggled. I tugged him down to me and pecked his lips. "We're okay though, right? I love you Klaus."

"And I will forever love you, Allison," he grinned. I nodded slowly, hoping for the next few weeks or however long our grieving takes. That we were going to support each other again and not let our anger get the best of us. We need to focus on how to fix things. Not crying or just being angry at the world.

***

Klaus and I walked hand in hand into a resturaunt, Cami's. She spotted us and froze. Without reacting to her shock we walked over to the bar that she was behind. "Klaus, Allie," she breathed. Klaus merely squeezed my hand, sending her a nod.

Everyone in the place was looking at us. I grabbed a menu and looked over it quickly. "We'll take two of these," I said quietly to her, pointing at what I wanted. I ordered for my fiance too of course.

"I'll get right on that," she said and took our order to the kitchen. Klaus looked around at everyone staring and this was my chance. I pulled out my phone, sending my mother a text to call me.

Cami came back and asked what we wanted to drink. "Coffee and bourbon," I ordered again for us both, Klaus not bothering to even look at the girl. I dropped Klaus' hand when she brought back my coffee and I sipped on it awkwardly. I hated people staring at me.

"Love, your phone's ringing," Klaus said, not quiet either but then again the resturaunt was silent besides the tv playing some crap show. Again, lost in thought, Klaus grabbed my phone and handed it to me.

I answered it immediately. "Hello?" I answered.

"Allison, my baby!" She shouted and I winced.

"Hi, mom," I said with a sad smile. I really missed her.

"Klaus texted me last night. You two are coming this weekend? Today?"

"Yes. We'll be headed home to see you soon. We're having breakfast than Klaus is going to drive us," I told her.

"Oh, I can't wait."

"Me either. I'll be home by tonight."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too, ma," I replied. I hung up and looked at Klaus who was staring at me.

"Here's your food," we looked to see Cami had been waiting on us to notice her. She placed our plates in front of us and we both nodded back at her. I put my phone away and we both ate our meals. Well, Klaus did. I didn't finish mine. Didn't have much of an apetite this morning. I'll be starving later though no doubt.

When we were finished, Klaus paid the tab and we left the resturaunt, side by side, keeping our hands off each other. We walked down the street, Klaus grasping my hand as we went to cross the street. He led the way to the memorial wall, where people were around. I walked over to the small frame, ans genlty touched the glass. "I love you. And I miss you," I whispered softly.

"Come on, love," Klaus ushered as I stood there for a few moments. I reluctantly turned around and walked over to him, hugging him tightly. "Francesca's men are around watching," he whispered in my ear.

We pulled away and walked past some guy in a suit. Wow, that was discreet. "Let's get on the road. Your mom must be dying to see you," Klaus said.

I merely nodded and we walked to the car. For once, basically, he didn't open my door for me. I climbed in myself and he did the same. We had one shared suitcase in the trunk already. And I was just glad to see my family and friends again. I missed them so much.

***

It was late when we got home. I was half asleep and Klaus was carrying me inside what semed to be his old mansion we left behind early this year. Our one year anniversary was coming up just next month. I don't think we had any plans. Too much going on to be all lovey dovey for a day.