Labyrinth: A Fanfiction

She had always assumed he was in the wrong. Never had it crossed her mind, not until now, when she could no longer see him, that he might be in the right.

She found that she missed him. Those eyes, the way they would look at her. Never had they looked at her with hate, as she had always imagined a villain would look at her. No. He had always looked at her with eyes filled with love. Sometimes it was mixed with fear. Or respect. Or even anger. But never hate.

Lately she had begun to have dreams of him. In the dreams, he sat alone in the castle in the center of the Labyrinth. He held his crystal in one hand, and stared at it blankly, his lips silently mouthing her name. "Sarah. Sarah come back. Don't stay away so long that you can't. I miss you. I love you." She would wake up crying.

In the past month, the dreams grew darker. The castle fell into disrepair. But he would sit there still, mouthing her name. Calling her. Begging her to return.

In the past week the dreams had become even darker. He no longer held the crystal. He just sat there, his head in his hands, calling her name. And sobbing.

Tonight she woke from a dream without him. She found herself crying and sweating and screaming his name. "Jareth! Jareth! I wish you would come back to me. I'm sorry."

He stood there, silhouetted in the square of light cast by her window. He looked down, saying nothing, his eyes empty and tear streaks on his face.

"Jareth." Sarah said the word again for the first time in years. She looked up at him, ashamed of herself. "Please. Please answer me."

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice broken and lacking the usual mirth it carried. "I put it wrong. I did not understand. I should have just told you. I love you."

Sarah embraced him, feeling the warmth of his body as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry..." he said.

"I forgive you." Sarah closed her eyes and felt the safety and protection of his embrace.

"Do you mean that?"

"Yes. And I'm sorry too. I always assumed you were a villain. Like in fairytales. You did steal my brother away from me. But it was only because I asked you to. You would have given him back if I had only asked with kindness instead lf anger and hate. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

They kissed. He pressed his lips against hers and she did the same for him. They closed their eyes and felt complete, for the first time in years. Complete in eachother, in eachother's love.

((Author's Note: that's what happens when you've watched Labyrinth one too many times. Yes, I ship Sarah and Jareth. Deal with it. They're perfect for each other.))