The Start and End of Training

"Ok maggots, line up!" Commander Shadis shouted

"Ok maggots, line up!" Commander Shadis shouted. We were in many lines. Today, we will learn to use 3-D maneuvering gear starting with the basics. I kept my usual blank expression, as the cords were latched to my belt. All you need to perfect this technique is a sense of balance. Some others have figured it out but not so much with the rest. I was perfectly still, as if one movement could end my life. I heard whispers. "How did she do that?" some may say or "Who is that girl?" None of it fazed me. The commander stopped patrolling through the ranks, and he walked right up to me.

"So you think that you're good? Huh?" he asked. I saluted, and that was the only movement that I made, but I managed to stay upright. All Commander Shadis did was scoff and walk off to yell at others who were upside down. I held my salute and a blank face until they let me back down. I guess that the others had underestimated me. I had basically trained myself to be a soldier since I could walk. Of course, my parents didn't approve, but that training that I gave myself had saved my life plenty of times before, and besides, I loved to train myself. I used to climb the buildings of my home town every day.

I walked off with everyone gawking after me. I don't like it when some still think that women or girls are the minorities. That may have been years ago but not anymore. Ever since my parents died, I haven't shed a tear or laughed or smiled for that matter. I was like a ghost town. At least, that's how I think of it. I show my feelings at times but not regularly, and usually, those feelings aren't good.

I only feel one thing. I feel anger, anger at the titans for basically slaughtering my parents before my own eyes. All of this bottled up anger has to be let go sometimes, or I'll pop like a balloon. I think that my plan will be to release my anger during practice so that I don't hurt anyone but myself.

At the end of the day, everyone pretty much had the concept of the 3-D gear down pat. I was getting ready to leave to go back to my bed from dinner. I got up, and I walk towards the door. Suddenly, a huge figure loomed in my path, and before I could react, I was knocked back. My instincts took over, which ended up with my hair all over my face after a back flip. The person who bumped into me had a frightened expression etched on his face. It was a friend of Frasier's, Donny Gerrat.

"Jeez. I'm sorry," Donny said scratching the back of his neck with a nervous smile. Everyone was on the edge of his or her seats waiting for my answer. I had straightened myself back up and dusted my pants off.

"It's fine," I said curtly pushing past him. Donny just stared after me in shock. Seriously, what's his problem? Oh, I see. He just probably doesn't like being showed up. Jeez, does every boy expect a girl to instantly fall in love with him or something like that, but Donny doesn't seem to have that kind of personality. I bet that he's also been through some stuff dealing with the titans like me too. I shouldn't judge people, or I won't make it that far in life. I sighed.

I expect that tomorrow will consist of us learning how to use our 3-D gear. It should be exciting for the most part.

<<1 week later>>