Chapter Two: The Worried Big Brother

"Mura, I need help...it's Hana." Kozue's voice echoed in a panic tone in Hana's head. The hospital wasn't that far away but he knew if he tried to move her there was a possibility that he would only make it worse for his sister.

"Kozue?! What happened?!"

"Hana was invited to play some Basketball. I told her she had to be careful and if she started not feeling well to stop playing! You know how stubborn she can be and that she doesn't want to worry others. I didn't catch it in time! I'm so sorry!"

"It's alright, I'll be there shortly. You're at the park right?! Just have do her breathing exercises the three of us practice until I get there."

"Yeah, please hurry Mura!"

"Kozue, listen to me. I need you to stay calm. If you panic Hana will feel that energy coming from you and then she'll start to panic. Remember when she was younger and she would have these kinds of attacks? You always kept her calm, you need to do the same now."

As usual Mura's motherly words were able to calm down the panicked teenager. As Hana and Kozue got older and Hana's attack became more and more frequent, Kozue's calm demeanor became less and less.

"Alright, I'm sorry for freaking like that. I'll see you when you get here."

Kozue hung up his phone and turned his full attention to his sister.

"Alright Hana, this is just like all the other times this has happened. Lean up against me and take long, slow, deep breaths. If you need to, grab my hand and squeeze if the pain in your chest hurts too much." Kozue propped his sister up against him. Holding tightly onto her hand and he could feel Hana trying to take the long, slow, deep breaths she was though to do.

"Excuse me, but what's wrong with her?" Tsubaki asked with a worried look on her face.

"Hana was born with a rare illness that's slowly shutting her body down. Everyone at the hospital she stays at are doing all they can to find a cure for her. What Hana has doesn't even have a name yet."

"Where's your guy's parents at?" Kagami suddenly asked.

"They... I guess they haven't found a way to deal with Hana's condition. They come up with any excuse to not be around. The doctors and nurses, especially Nurse Mura, are more like family then are own parents are."

"D-don't talk like that about mom and dad... Kozue. They just need time." Hana manages to pant out.

"Don't defend them Hana. They've had six years to find away to deal with this their own way. Leaving and only coming back only to pay the hospital bill only to leave right after."

"Kozue! Kozue! Is Hana alright!?"

Kozue turned to see Mura running their way with a medical bag at her side, as well as a fellow doctor.

"M-Mura...! I'm... I'm sorry for not being careful..." Hana tried to say through a gasps for breath.

"It's alright Hana. Just continue with your deep breathing. Now, can you cough for me?"

Hana tried to let out a cough but she couldn't catch enough air to make a cough.

"N-no... I can't. I-I can't breath Mura, Kozue... I can't breath!" A look of panic started to take over. Tightly Hana squeezed her brother's hand like he said she could when the pain got too much.

"Alright Hana. Don't panic," Mura tried to quickly calm Hana. "alright, head back to the hospital and get everything ready for her. Be sure that there's enough medicine for her breathing treatment." Mura turned to the doctor who came with her.