Chapter 21. Breakfast On The Dawn Treader

Start from the beginning

Angelina tapped Susan on the shoulder, "what's going on?"

"Caspian challenged Edmund to a friendly fight." She smiled as she turned around.

She watched in amusement as the Telmarin king tried to swing his sword at Edmund who skillfully stopped the attack

She watched in amusement as the Telmarin king tried to swing his sword at Edmund who skillfully stopped the attack. He swung it once, twice, still not able to defeat the unbeatable king. Caspian was already giving up as he took his last swing and missed yet again. Edmund raised his sword which signaled his triumph and the Narnians clapped. Angelina also joined in the clapping as she glanced at Edmund who was already looking at her. She could see a smile growing on his face, and she knew it was not only because of his triumph over Caspian.

"Good job brother, you embarrassed Caspian," Susan clapped as she spoke sarcastically.

"I merely bruised his pride, my dear sister." He walked up closer to them, wiping the sweat off his forehead. Susan handed Edmund a cup of fresh water and he gladly accepted, glancing at Angelina and then back at Susan.

"What do you think, isn't my brother the best swordsman?" Susan turned to Angelina, proud that she was related to Edmund.

Angelina smirked, "I could defeat him within seconds with Aslan's light."

"I would let you do that if that's the price I have to pay in order to relive last night," Edmund walked up closer to her and almost whispered, taking a swing from the glass of water that stood on the table she was next to. The smirk did not leave his face. She almost choked on the glass of water she herself was having.

Caspian joined them and wrapped his arm around Edmund's neck, bringing him down, "you got lucky your majesty!" Caspian laughed out jokingly.

"You stood no chance!" Edmund defended himself.

"How about miss Angelina settles this, who do you fancy winning this argument?" Susan cut in.

Glancing at the Pevensie sister, she knew that there was only one answer to this question. "It was clear that Caspian one fair and square, Edmund just tricked him." Angelina looked down at the ground not wanting to be faced with Edmund's smirk.

Susan raised her eyebrow and looked at the two men, "can we go eat now?" She grabbed Edmund's hand and pulled him away from Caspian.

The Telmarine king quickly took a step towards Susan and gave her his hand, "it would be my pleasure to accompany you to the breakfast table, my queen."

Susan smiled, holding the blush in her cheeks and not letting it spread around her face, "Very well."

Edmund took a glance at Angelina who almost started walking on her own. "Being a king in my position, it would be more than polite of me to escort you to the breakfast table."

"As you wish," she gave him her hand and he led her to the hallway.

Both their hearts raced as the darkness of the hall hit them and they followed the light to the dining area. He held her firmly, their arms connected. There was somewhat of a spooky feel to these halls which he admired. Edmund always loved adventures and mysteries, they were his go-to books when reality bored him. Distracting himself from his thoughts, Edmund heard Susan and Caspian conversing about Narnia and other affairs which did not interest him. He was listening to the conversation so deeply that he almost forgot about the uncomfortable distance between him and Angelina.