"We cant get all worked up . We don't know for sure . Lets just be patient . They'll come out and say something ." My mom said , trying to make peace of the situation .

"Your right ." Sean voiced , leveling his breathing .

Since the shooting , everyone has been on pins and needles . We've been up here everyday . Today she woke up finally but you seen what happened .

I looked down and noticed Kartion feel asleep . I managed to sit in the chair closes to me .

.

.

.

.

Zih ,

"Doc. she's up!" someone voiced .

I blinked my eyes uncontrollably , adjusting them to the light .

"Good to have you back with us again Ms. King." a woman said , coming into my vision .

It was her! The Juror that read the verdict of the outcome of Karti's case .

"Again?" I forced out , in a raspy tone .

"Yeah . We almost lost you , well we did actually ." she said , checking the machines and IV's I was hooked up to .

"Where's my fiancé ? My son ? My family ?" I asked trying to move my upper body but failed .

"Your still in a lot of pain missy . You must take it easy . Not only for you but for that little one inside you ." She turned to me and smiled .

"Inside me?" I gasp .

"Yeah , you didn't know . Ms. King , your a little over 3 months pregnant . By the grace of God you didn't loose your baby in the shooting but we must discuss something ." She took a seat on the little stool close to the bed .

"That baby surviving is a miracle . I had to do surgery on your pelvis to remove the bullet that was lodge there . This is going to be a very risky pregnancy Ms. King. From the seriousness of the injury and being pregnant , your putting your life at risk. There's a 50% chance that you wont make it . You can make the decision of keeping your baby and taking the risk , or aborting it ."

I took in all she was saying , and quickly chose the decision .

"Im keeping my baby Doctor . . . "

"Brown." she answered .

"Doctor Brown , with all due respect I understand you wanting to do everything with your patience best interest at heart , but Im keeping my child . God didn't let him or her survive this ordeal if he didn't want me to keep it . I want to go thru it . Im more then ready to take this risk ."

She looked at me and smiled , while jotting something down in her notepad ,

"I fully understand honey. If I was in your shoes , believe me . I'd do the exact same thing."

I just nodded my head .

"Now that your up and talking and also stable , I must go inform your family that your ok . I know they're walking on needles . I'll be back Ms. King . You stay strong .

When she left , I just closed my eyes and hoped that the image of my mom floated back . When everything went blank the last time , I saw her . She was beautiful . She looked better then before I could remember . She was smiling at me and kept telling me that she loved me but then she started waving goodbye to me . The I woke up .

The image never came back , but when I opened my eyes , everyone was standing before me . I know this is against hospital policy but I bet Jesus paid the nurses or guards to turn their heads .

"Hey babygirl." My dad said , walking to my bedside fist . He placed his hand on top of mine and ignored the pain in his side to place a kiss on my forehead .

"Hi daddy."

Karen , Jesus , Maria , Trina , and Ms. Gee did the same thing.

"Don't you ever scare us like that Zih." Chelly voiced coming over to the bed .

"Sorry." I said , a little weakly .

"You better be . I almost killed you ." Meagan said , running her hand in my head , causing a few chuckles to leave mouths .

"Plus , Kartier almost died . He's been crying like a little punk for hours . I don't know about you , but I never seen snot come out as well as tears when It comes to a grown ass man ." Chelly joked , making us all laugh .

"Don't be talking about my baby Archelle ." Karen said , pinching her arm .

"Lets give these three time alone ." Jesus said , winking at me .

The crowd quickly dispersed , leaving me , Karti and Kartion who I heard recently just went to sleep again .

He laid Karti on the couch that was on the other side of the room and pulled up a chair by the bed .

"Did you talk to the doctor ?" He asked , taking my hand in his .

"Yeah . . ."

"So?"

"Im keeping it . I cant get rid of my child ." I told him looking into his eyes .

"She told me about the risk and the possibilities but Im with you 100% ." He said , placing a kiss on my hand .

"So you were boo-howing huh ?" I smiled .

"Yeah , hearing them say they were loosing you , then pushing me out the room and seeing that tear fall from your face really fucked me up . If I lost you I don't know what I would've did . I mean , that moment was just too much for me to bear Zih . I love you . I need you baby . Man it wasn't suppose to be like this ."

I watched him close his eyes and shake his head .

"No , don't go blaming yourself . It's not your fault . It's hers." I said , referring to Toi .

"I didn't protect you ." He voiced with his head down .

"You did . If you would've took these bullets , you'll be dead and the situation will be switched . Let it go Karti . You didn't fail me either . Im here and that's all that matters right ?"

"Yeah ." He kissed my lips softly .

Soon a hour went passed with Kartion still sleep .

"What did you do to my baby?" I asked , looking over at him still stretched out on the couch like a grown man who been up for days .

"He misses you . We miss you . We haven't been getting much sleep lately . This is the first time he's actually been sleeping this long and good ."

"Are you staying with me tonight ?" I asked .

"No need to ask ma . Im not going anywhere . Let me go tell them they can leave ."

It took him about 10 minutes to get back to me .

"They're a little cranky but they understand ." He joked , placing Kartion's bag on the chair next to him .

It was going on 9 o'clock pm , so visiting hours were just about over . I hope they'll let Kartion slide with staying tonight but I mean come on . . I almost died , wait I did die then came back , who wouldn't want to be with their child .

"Scoot over woman ." Karti demanded .

I scooted over and made as much room for him as I could . He pulled me close to him , despite my pain , I snuggled close to him and just enjoyed the moment .

"I love you so much Zih'aira ." He whispered in my ear .

"I love you more Kartier ."

I soon drifted to sleep from the comfort and the pain medicine . . .

_______________

VOTE please !