Chapter 10

"He's going out with me."

"We're going on a date!"

Hinata sighed, remembering what happened a few days ago. He was still half confused, half surprised at Kageyama's outburst in front of Oikawa. He could not decide whether it was the king's real feeling or not. "But he did ask me out..." He murmured. "Didn't he?"

"Will you go on a d...date wit...with me on Ch..chris..."

"Well, if you think of it as a confession..." He spun the volleyball on his finger. He sneaked a look at Kageyama who was talking with Couch Ukai at the moment.

"What, Hinata... are you worrying about your date on Christmas." Tanaka appeared behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. There's no practice on Christmas. You can enjoy as much as yourself by yourselves." The captain gave the little guy a thumb up.

"Eh... how do you know that, senpai?" Hinata yelled.

"C'mon, Kageyama yelled like the entire school could hear. How would we not notice that?" Noya joined their conversation.

"But... umm... I don't even know if we're going out that day. Kageyama hasn't said a word about it after that." Hinata said insecurely, hugging the ball.

"Hah! Is that guy serious?" Their libero shouted. "I can't believe it. Even Asahi-san has more gut than him."

"Wait... by having more gut, do you mean Asahi-san asked someone out?" Tanaka asked in awe.

"Yep, Ryuu."

"Who?" Both Hinata and Tanaka questioned with great curiosity.

"That lucky one happens to be ME!" Noya proclaimed with pride.

"WHAT!" The entire team's attention focused on them.

"You guys are too noisy. Go back to practice. Don't doze off." Ukai yelled at them.

"Aye, sir."

Hinata left his two seniors to practice more serves with Kageyama. He could still hear Tanaka asking Nishinoya that whether it was Asahi or Noya, himself who had asked out. "No... no... I need to focus on the practice. I'll deal with it later." Hinata shook his head.

xXx

"Kageyama-kun..." The said boy jumped back from the vending machine after hearing his name called. Hinata's head peaked out of the corner of the building while the boy was intensely staring at him.

"What the hell, Hinata?"

"I'm just wondering... whatcha doing on Christmas?" Kageyama felt his heart stopped at the moment. He could feel blood rushed to his face.

"Huh, did...didn't I as...ask y...you o..out, you idiot?" He yelled. 'May be he can't come that day.' He thought for the worst. His heart felt like it was torn into pieces. He looked at Hinata. The little boy's face lit up as if he was going to play volley. His eyes were flickering with great excitation.

"Say it. Again"

"Say what?" Hinata now came closer to him.

"Tell me that line again."

"Umm... will you go on a d...date with m...me, Hinata?" He stuttered. He turned his head the other side so the small giant would not see him blushing.

"I WILL!" Hinata yelled, jumping up and down.

"You will?"

"Of course I will." Hinata said happily. "When will we meet? And the place? Man, I'm so excited."

"You know, we're not hanging out as usual." Kageyama said since Hinata was too big of an idiot that he might not know the difference between a date and normal outing.

"Kageyama-kun, I'm not that dumb." Hinata replied. "I need to go back or I'll be seriously late for dinner. Text me about the detail." He waved at the taller guy and ran off to grab his bike. Kageyama stood behind him, still digesting the words his little crush just said.

"Yosh!" He grinned and made a victory punch.

CLICK.

He looked at where the sound came. It seemed that his punch just pushed a button on the vending machine and a drink just came out.

"Ah, I hate this one!" He yelled. "Well, who cares?" He took out the drink and consumed it. His mind was now full of happiness that a trivial thing like this would not bother him.