22. One Part Angel.

Start from the beginning

"Aren't you beautiful? I always knew Aleksy was destined for an exotic beauty but I'm beginning to think that you might be too good for him. Elaheh is it? The Goddess...quite fitting, if I do say so myself. Your parents knew what they were doing when they named you."

Elaheh meant Goddess? I had no idea. I watched as she blushed. Just a light shade of pink. Every time I got close to her, she would turn a deeper shade of red and the fact that I had a stronger effect on her than anyone else made me feel childishly smug.

"How come you're here? " I asked A'ki.

"I heard you found your mate and I had to come down to see her. I may have left but you've always been in my thoughts Aleksy. Although perhaps it was best for both of us to not be involved in each other's lives anymore, it does not mean that I forgot you. I watched you grow up after all." He said.

"I'm not who I used to be. I'm not the kid you knew." I told him. It was just sad if he thought I was the pathetic little child he was used to. But his answer surprised me.

"No. You're more than him. You may have evolved from the child you were but you haven't lost him." When I just stared at him in silence he smirked. "You've forgotten just how much I see. And I thought I was old."

I rolled my eyes at him. Just as he was about to say something else, I heard a voice call Elaheh's name. I hissed in irritation. There were so many unwanted people today. Walking towards us with a naive cockiness, was Logan. I thought I'd gotten rid of him. I noticed the way Elaheh stiffened when she heard his voice. Even Kaveh, who had moved a little away from us along with his mate when A'ki came up to us, straightened, ready to step in if necessary.

"You haven't kept in touch with me at all!" The asswipe exclaimed. He reached out to embrace her but I put a hand on his chest and pushed him back, stepping half in front of my mate.

"Touch her and I'll dismember you. " I warned him. His expression shifted from angry to wary.

"Alpha Aleksy. I just came to say hi to my ex-girlfriend. I've missed her." He said. I knew he was just trying to irritate me. He was nothing more than a child if he thought such petty jibes could get a rise out of me.

"You can say it without touching her." I said simply.

"Oh come on, we've done more than just touch before so just hugging her shouldn't be such an issue now." I felt a flash of anger and possessiveness over the woman who belonged to me but I shoved it down. What did I expect? That someone as beautiful as Elaheh would never catch someone's eye? I just wished it was someone who had actually seen her worth. He'd treated her like shit and for that reason alone I'd never let him get closer to her than necessary. Besides, she told me that she hadn't slept with him or anything. How far they had actually gone I didn't know but it didn't matter. It was in the past.

"Why don't you piss off Logan? Whatever you're trying won't work. Aleksy is my mate. I belong to him and him alone so if you have nothing better to do than act like a jealous child I suggest you go do it elsewhere." Elaheh snapped, the anger in her voice apparent. She'd just said that she belonged to me. Whether she meant it or not I didn't know but I was pleased none the less. Logan glowered at her before stalking off.

There was a bit of an awkward silence which was only broken by A'ki's chuckling before Elaheh said, "we only ever kissed."

I didn't want to think about some other man kissing her but I was still glad that that was all it was... however hypocritical it may seem.

By the time the feast was finally over, Kaveh and Jenna decided to stay with us till morning after a lot of begging on Elaheh's part and A'ki invited himself, much to my displeasure. Elaheh's best friend and Eric would go home.