00

_____

_____

"Be careful Steve, you don't want to pull on that thread."

Steve looked up from the file that was passed into his hands, which would help him in his mission to find the one person who was always there for him. Even when he wasn't strong enough to defend himself, he was there to scare off whoever made Steve want to fight; even though he couldn't even swing a punch. Ever since he was gone, Steve needed to find him. He needed to find his best friend. And this file would help.

Natasha lent forward and pressed a sweet kiss to the super soldiers cheek, and slowly pulling away. Her eyes taking in every feature, as she knew she wouldn't be seeing him for a long while. His blue eyes bored into her own, she took a step back and turned her back to him. As she left the graveyard, she left with all of her past. Shield was the only thing she could trust, but now it was gone - obliterated. And she had no one, just like Steve; well he felt like he had no one. Even when he did - he had people who looked up to him. Steve inspired people to be the best of themselves, to fight for what they want.

"You know, you don't have to be involved in this." The soldier said monotonously, bringing his eyes up from the beige package he held in his hands. A moment of silence filled the air, as his friend thought about what he was going to chose. Going back to his old life or, picking a new one; full of danger and adventure.

"When do we get started?" Sam asked, throwing a quick glance at his teammate. A chuckle emitted from Steve's throat, as he turned to face Sam. Shaking his head he looked up and smiled, handing him the file. Which gave him all of the information he needed to help.

"I don't know, but we need to start soon." Sam's eyes teared away from the information and up at the super soldier who was furrowing his eyes brows, deep in thought. They needed somewhere to stay, but Steve would not risk staying at Sam's house. Steve would be putting Sam's wife in danger, along with his family. And that's something he stands against, putting innocents in danger. Ever since he was injected with the serum, he wanted to help and protect people with every bone within his body. It's just something he was raised to do.

"We need help," Sam told him, bringing Steve out of his thought train. He nodded and looked at the ex-soldier, knowing he already had a plan,
"And I know someone who would be willing to."

"Who is it?" Steve asked, following his friend who was heading to his car, which was parked on the edge of the graveyard.

"It's someone who I worked with when I was in the army. Plus she is related to a top shield agent. She'd be a big asset." The door clicked open and they lowered themselves into the leather seats, clipping themselves in. Sam put the keys in the ignition and started up the car, placing one of his hands on the wheel.