Ch. 1 The day after valentine's

Kate's POV
I awoken in the middle of the night to find the tv on and tissue all over the floor along with junk food and two empty bottles of wine. God I'm disgusting .I slowly push myself up from the sofa to sit straight up, I feel a major headache catching on. I start to briefly remember why there are tissue all over the floor. I cried myself to sleep, because yesterday I got the final divorce papers and it was the day after Valentine's Day so all they were playing on tv was romantic comedies and just plain sad romance movies. I look up and find myself staring at Bridget jones' diary playing on my tv. "Ughhh" I utter out "feeling somewhat depressed and utterly lonely I star to cry . I realize that I haven't actually had a good solid cry over the divorce stuff with Ned, also I haven't allowed myself to cry infront of the kids but seen as to them not being here because they are at my mum and dads for the week . I have done nothing but crying since they left yesterday. I hear my phone go off , I get up to grab It by the kitchen."hello" I say in a rather stuffy unexcited tone "hi dear its mum I was just checking up on you I know you must be having a rough go of it today" I walk over to the sofa again and sit "mum I'm fine, i have been through this before" I say."look dear if you want we could take the children for a couple more days so you can have 2 weeks for yourself,you..know really treat yourself " I audibly sigh "mum I don't want to take advantage, plus I know how much you and dad love spending quiet evenings" I lay back down on the couch " nonsense dear , listen we will take the kids for a couple more days it's no trouble you know we love them " she says. " alright mum I see that you have already made up your mind about this so I suppose it's alright, tell Mia,joe and bear to behave and that I miss and love them very much please" I hear my dads voice in the background. "Will do love ,I must be going now you're dad is having trouble handling dinner without me .. I love you Kate I'll see you soon love"she says in a rather soft voice."I love you too mum see you soon & send kisses and hugs to my kids and dad " I hang up. I grab the remote and start flipping through the channels i stop when I see a familiar face "Leo" I say with a visible smile on my face.He's on a news channel he's apparently here in London, that's odd he usually calls if he's close by .

Leo's POV
I lay on my hotel bed exhausted " what a day" I say to myself .I close my eyes for what seems like 2 seconds and realize that I forgot to call Kate with everything going on promoting my new movie it must have slipped my mind ,I get up to open my suit case and reach for my pajamas I change, then search for my phone and find it in my suitcase pocket it's late at night I think For a minute..it might not be such a good Idea to call Kate at this hour she might be sleeping " ohh whatever " i say feeling a desperate urge to hear Kate's voice I call. "hello" I hear from the other end of the phone I feel a sense of excitement and joy when I hear her voice,it's been a while since we spoke and I hate it when we don't speak for long periods of time.Hearing Kate's voice just makes me feel so good. " hey, it's Leo I hope I didn't wake you " I say my voice sounding a bit shaky "oh my god Leo I've missed you so much I heard you were in London but I wasn't sure" her voice filled with happiness " yea I've just been busy and so exhausted lately this press tour has been draining,but I would never not call you " I lay on the bed ,and start to get comfortable under the sheets " Leo you must visit me soon im in desperate need of company and I seriously miss you so much" I feel a warmth come over me when she says that " I will I promise, and soon because I miss seeing your beautiful face" I say .. We talk endlessly on the phone about nonsense until I can't hold my eyelids open and fall asleep.

Authors note : okay this is like the first ever fanfic I have ever written so sorry if there are any mistakes :/