Love is the Best Future

Start from the beginning

"But I don't want to be a Princess." Flurry Heart reminded her father. "You know that."

"It's the duty of every Alicorn." Shining Armor said. "Imagine how dangerous it'd be if we had an alicorn for an enemy, that's why every one must be influenced to be royalty."

"But I wouldn't be your enemy!" Flurry Heart then remembered. "Luna's a Princess and she turned evil!"

"That's when there were only two active Princesses." Shining Armor replied.

Her icy blue eyes shot him down and she walked past her father and into her room. She felt slightly bad, but she just didn't care about Princess roles like the other Alicorns did.

...

Flurry Heart had nothing really to pack. And the next day, as she followed Princess Twilight outside the castle, she saw wealthy ponies with their spoiled foals relishing their luxuries.

No luxury is going to make me truly happy, it's been so long since I've been in Ponyville. Perhaps I will find what my heart needs there.

They both got on a train and Twilight pulled out a thick book and started reading intently.

Learning is Twilight's talent, matched with her skill of magic. I've hardly learned any spells. Oh I wish I was born an Earth pony!

And Celestia has a cutie mark for raising the sun, Luna the moon, and my mom's the Princess of Love.

At least what Flurry knew her and her aunt definitely had in common was their fondness of friendship. They made it to their destination and Flurry Heart saw Twilight's closest friends gallop to her.

Rainbow Dash, captain of the Wonderbolts, nuzzled Twilight and it seemed that Fluttershy was absent.

"Did something bad happen to her?" Flurry gasped.

"No!" Applejack laughed. "She's just on maternity leave with her and Discord's filly."

Flurry's eyes lit up, she heard of their wedding and anticipated seeing their foal.

"Course, I'm going to be an aunt again!" Pinkie Pie squealed. "Marble Pie is expecting her third foal with Big Mac."

"I'm so happy." Applejack confessed, tearing up. "Even without Granny Smith, our farm will be able to go on."

Flurry Heart was happy to see her aunt unconditionally happy with her best friends, and was excited to see her own. Especially the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who have started an organization for helping ponies find their talents and gaining their cutie marks.

As Twilight and her friends headed to the castle, Flurry Heart recognized the wide building that was the CMC Headquarters, right next to Sweet Apple Acres.

I heard this area was once a tree house, seems like those mares have come so far.

A poster of a fashion show co-hosted by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon was near the door. Flurry Heart was in thought wondering if she would go when she stepped in the building and accidentally bumped into another pony, sending papers flying.

"Oh, sorry!" Flurry Heart gasped, but what was even more shocking was the pony.

He was a strong and stocky white stallion with brown patches of different shades and a stack of papers as his cutie mark.

"Oh! Let me help you with these." Flurry Heart used her magic to collect the papers all back into one pile. Oddly enough, the stallion seemed too distracted by her to lend a hoof.