Prelude

Chiron's POV

the demigods were strange today. There was a large mix of emotions. Some were afraid, that the great prophecy was to come true, and soon. Some were arrogantly thinking that they were better than the new camper, that he was just a weak little 12 year old, that there was no way that he could be one the the big three. And some just didn't care. But, then there was the one causing all these mixed emotions (not purposely, if Chiron had to guess he just wanted to hide). Perseus Jackson. He was sitting at his new place at the Poseidon table. All by himself. Chiron felt pity for the boy. He was thrown into this new world, his mother gone, isolated, and told that the gods were real and that he was one of the most powerful ones son.

Chiron had gotten a letter from dionysus this morning explaining that he will be gone for a while. Because there would be something arriving within the day. The gods were still perplexed as to what exactly was happening but the information came from a trusted source, presumably the fates.

He stood up to give the children their announcements. "Attention demigods!" Chiron called out as they quieted down. "As I am sure you have noticed, Mr. D is absent today. He will be gone for the upcoming weeks. This is because there is something arriving from the gods very soon and he was told that he would be more useful on Olympus."

The demigods were initially excited by the news that Dionysus, then confused by the item arriving from the gods. "What are they sending?" Luke asked.

"I have no idea. Dionysus was not permitted to tell me. I-"

Chiron was interrupted by a bright flash and a loud bang originating from the middle of the pavilion. Everyone jumped up, pointing their weapons at the source of the commotion (All except Perseus, who just jumped up, surprised. Chiron really really must remember to give him Anaklusmos. The poor child was defenceless ,until he mastered his powers, without a weapon.)

The "threat" seemed to be coming from a young girl it seemed, it became clearer as the light died down. She was floating in mid air for the moment, seemingly frozen, her eyes half opened and mouth open. She looked to be in her early to mid twenties. Chiron could tell she was a daughter of Aphrodite, but if you didn't know what you were looking for it would have been hard to tell. It's not that she wasn't beautiful, she was, but Aphrodite children tended to be the traditional type of beautiful. This girl was the regged kind of beautiful, feathers and braids dotted throughout her hair, tattoos along one of her arms and bright red lipstick that contrasted with her tanned skin. She was obviously trying to reject her mother.

After a second of floating in the air, she dropped.

On her face.

Into the pavilions hard floor.

People stood there in shock until some senior Apollo campers rushed forward to check her injuries, which seemed to be the signal for the rest of the demigods to drop their weapons. Everyone gathered as close as they could to get a look at the girl.

So, this was what the gods were sending.

As soon as everyone figured out that she was, in fact, completely conscious, just extremely miffed and confused as to where she was exactly, they backed off a little, giving her some space to move. "What the-" she squinted at the crowd surrounding her. "Oh my gods. You have got to be kidding me.