Before 10:30am hit , the Judge entered . He was a middle aged Black man . Soon the prison guards brought Karti into the courtroom . The Navy blue Hugo Boss suit with cream pin stripes I picked out days prior fit him perfectly . So did the Steve Madden dress shoes . His hair has grown out since the last time I seen him and sat on his head in a short curly fro . His line up was crisp and I personally thought the gold Rolex on his wrist , studs in his ear and pinky ring were a little too much . I know his hardheaded self told Mark to bring it to him even when I said no . The thin Cartier frames on his face gave him that "innocent" look .

"Hey daddy." Kartion said loud enough for him to hear when he was standing in front of his chair .

"Hey little man." Karti said back but lowly .

He winked at me quickly and I blew him a kiss .

"All rise!" The bailiff yelled . We did and listened to the introduction of the Judge . Judge Moore was his name . When we were seated , it started . The defense team started with their argument first . I sat and listened while they tried to paid this horrible picture of Karti to the Jurors . Mark was quick on his feet though . He fired back quickly and sent shots . I was sure he had this but I didn't want to speak too soon .

The judge set a quick recess I was glad for because Kartion had to pee badly . So did I . Pedro and Bear , another body guard escorted us to the restroom . After using the restroom , Kartion and I washed our hands to exit only for me to pump into someone .

"Excuse me ." I voiced , looking down to make sure Kartion was cool . He was .

"Mhm." I looked up and was shocked for a minute at who I was looking at . It was Toi .

I stared at her with a twisted face while she mugged me . The fuck was her problem ?

I dismissed It and continued on my way . Plus Pedro was looking my way with that "you want me to handle it" look . I smirked and shook my head no .

It was 2:30pm when we returned for recess .

The defense attorney and his team voiced their last argument , as well as Mark . I felt like I was walking on pins and needles when the lead Juror stood up . She was a black woman in her late thirties . Very pretty lady but that had nothing to do with the situation at hand .

"We the jury , find Mr. Kartier Gonzales , on the charge of murder , NOT GUILTY . On the charge of kidnapping , NOT GUILTY . and on the charge of tampering with evidence . . . NOT GUILTY ."

Half of the courtroom erupted in claps and screams . I silently said a prayer to God , thanking him . My fiancé was a free man now !

Karen and I looked at one another with teary eyes . My dad reached over and hugged me tightly . So did Maria , Nico and Jesus , Chelly and Meagan .

"I told you don't worry." Jesus spoke , while hugging me . I just shook my head .

I looked over at Kartier , who was staring at me . Within seconds I jumped in his arms and held him for dear life . I never wanted to let him go . We shared a much over due kiss . He picked Kartion up and kissed his forehead . I stepped back a little while Jesus , Maria , Nico , Karen , my dad , and others congratulated Karti on the outcome .

I hugged Mark , because I know that one of the reason why he worked so hard on the case was because he was now 2 million dollars richer .

"Thank you so much Mark." I told him , holding his hand in mine .

"Don't thank me Zih .It's my job and plus , Karti is like a brother to me ." He smiled , placed a quick kiss on my face and gathered the rest of his things .

Exiting out of the building we were greeted with what seemed like thousand of cameras and microphones .

"Mr. Gonzales , how does it feels to be free?" A news reported asked , shoving his camera in Karti's face ..

"Good. It feels damn good." He grinned .

"What's next ?" Another reported asked him .

"Time to get married ." he replied , looking deep in my eyes .

Standing at the last landing of the huge , lime stone court house stares , we were all smiles and busy staring at one another we didn't take in our surroundings . If we did we would've noticed Toi , standing on the sidewalk with a .9mm in her hand pointed at me .

"Gun!" We heard someone scream . When we turned to look , we heard the first POP ! Followed by many more . I watched in horror as the first shot pierced Bears head , while he ran to cover me . Everything seemed to play in slow motion . I looked down at Kartion and quickly thru myself and him on the ground while I shielded him with my body . I didn't care about anything but protecting my son .

About 10 more shots rang out when the gun fire came to an end .

"Zih !!!" I heard Kartier scream my name . I lifted up to see he was laying on his side with a bullet in his leg and shoulder . I looked down and noticed that Kartion was ok . I frantically checked his body twice and came up with nothing .I looked around and noticed Bear's lifeless body as well as Greg's . Another trusted body guard. My dad was on top of Karen who was ok , but he was holding his side . He was hit . Jesus stood himself and Maria up . They were ok . I looked around again and noticed a few innocent by standers laying in a pool of blood . Chelly and Meagan ran over to me . I quickly gave them Kartion and rushed to Karti , noticing Toi's lifeless body riddled with bullets .

"Are you ok?" I asked , scared .

"Yeah ma . Im straight . Go see about your dad." He voiced , sitting up .

When I made it to my dads side he quickly seem the worry on my face .

"Im fine . Baby don't worry ."

I heard the sirens off in the distance but before I could respond , I felt pain throughout my body .

I looked down and noticed my chest , and torso was bleeding . I moved the blazer out the way and noticed three holes . One in my chest , on in my stomach and another one in my pelvis area . My head began to spin .

"Oh my God . Zih your bleeding ." Maria yelled .

I looked over at Kartion and locked eyes with him before my eyes rolled to the back of my head and I hit the floor . . .