1.

Tara, August, and Kailani in the media.

♧♧♧

Tara

It's been two years and I moved from Atlanta to California. Kailani has gotten so big and it's a shame August wasn't here to see her.

I heard he's getting big in the industry.

"Mommy." Kai ran to me as fast as her little legs could take her.

"What is that?" I asked as she tried to sneak something into the cart.

She held up a bag of Sour Patch Kids.

"Put it back." I told her.

Her bottom lip poked out making me shale my head.

"That doesn't work on me. Go put it back, Kai."

I can't never bring her to the store without her trying to but junk.

☆☆☆

I parked in the driveway of my house noticing Christian's white Benz. As soon as I helped Kai out the car she ran to Christian where he was waiting.

"Daddy!" She screamed with excitement.

He picked her up and tossed her into the air as she giggled.

Yes, Kailani calls Christian daddy. He's always been around and that's what she sees him as. He is more of a father to her than August.

"Lani has arrived!" Lani yelled as she walked through the door.

Chris and Lani moved here three months ago because they needed more space for their growing family. Lani took that opportunity to make Chris look for houses here.

She waddled over to me and hugged me with her huge stomach in the way.

"Where is Leilani and Chayse?" I asked.

"I left their bad asses with Chris. You got some food?" She rummaged around my refrigerator.

In case you haven't figured out by now, Lani had another baby last year, who is a boy and one on the way. Her and Chris are also engaged.

"You not going to heat up that pizza." I raised an eyebrow at her eating the cold slices of left over pizza.

"No, I'm fine. Where is Kai?"

I pointed at her engrossed into the cartoons in the living room with Christian. There could be a fire and she wouldn't notice.

"

So did you hear that August is coming here to do a concert?" Lani asked.

"Nope and I don't care." I rolled my eyes.

"It's been two years, T."

"I don't care. If he wants to reach out then he can. His mom still has my number."

Her father just doesn't want to take the time to see her. I won't reach out to a person who doesn't show an effort.

"Kai is perfectly fine with who she has in her life. She has a stable male figure." I told Lani.