Chapter One

I pulled down my cardigan sleeves as the light California breeze hurried past as if it was off to catch a train. It was a normal day, minus the cold weather. Here I stood at the platform, a bus nearing us.

"Do it." She called out internally. "Jump." 

It wouldn't hurt to try, would it? Just to feel the adrenaline rush as she takes over and saves us. She would right?

"Why wouldn't I?" She teasingly called out, making it clear that she would be the hero to this story if I chose this route. 

The bus stopped in front of us, and I could hear her sigh. She always wanted to do something extreme, but tried her best to make sure I wouldn't get hurt. If I got hurt, so did she. We did share a body.

As I walked along, their faces became more prominent. Those sitting down seemed to look gray, as if the world was ending. Some stood out more than others; the mother and her child who wouldn't stop blabbering, the businessman who you could tell was struggling to be in control, and the teens who thought they looked cool when they let their demon take over. Generally, I could care less about them.

"Why even bother going today?"  She was annoyed, but I tried to ignore her, still scanning the crowd.

A single face stood out to me. Well more likely it was the hair. I saw a bunch of a bright, neon green sitting on top of someone's head. At first I assumed it was a teen, they would do that for sure. As I looked closer, I noticed that the man looked older, at least around my age, and he was violently scratching his arm.

"Nice habit." She commented. "Real charmer. Looks just as crazy as you, you should talk."

He seemed to notice someone staring him down, and his eyes began to scan the crowd. Blue. Bright blue, and they perfectly contrasted with his hair. I'd hate to see what he turns into to. Our eyes met, and I immediately looked down, ashamed. I noticed that the next stop was coming up, as they placed them unnecessarily close to each other. I tugged on my sleeves and just hoped that we could get there sooner, I wouldn't want to deal with anyone right now, especially him. I started walking purposefully towards the exit, but with my luck I had to walk past Blue Eyes. I felt a tug on my bag pocket, but shrugged it off and hurried off the bus.

"That sure was fun. Now jump." She was desperate for something to do, so I leaned over the line and thought about it. She'd save me so why not?

I leaned forward and let gravity, and her, do its job. My heart rate sped up as I could feel my body growing in power and my personal soul growing weaker, just leaving my voice. My legs strengthened, my arms spread wide open in a Y-shape. There was a demonic-like smile on my face, I could feel it growing wider each second.

I neared my destination as she finished taking control, that is until someone ran and pulled me back with incredible speed and strength.

Blue Eyes.

-----------

A/N: I know I've posted many stories, but I think I might stick to fanfiction. What do you think?