The next night I woke up and decided to call Tyler Farr, Luke, and Dale over. When they got here we were just talking and hanging out. I put some stakes on the grill and that was pretty much it. A few hours into us hanging out I heard the door bell. "Who the hell is that?" I mumbled and Dale went to get it. A few seconds later he came back with Mason. "Hey." I said. I was surprised to see him but I was happy that he was here. "We need to talk." "Ok." He walked out so I followed him. When we got to the living room he started. "If you treat me like that again I'll never speak to you again." "I'm sorry I treated you like that, it'll never happen again." "Cool." He started to leave. "Where are you going?" "Home, you have company." "You can stay, we are having steak.." "Really?" "Yeah." "You're not going to turn into a jerk?" "No." "Alright.. I'll stay." "Alright." We went back to the kitchen.

Mason's POV

Jason introduced me to his friends now I'm hanging out. They are talking so I'm just looking around. "So Mason?" Jason started. "Yeah?" I looked at him. "You had your uniform on yesterday, you had a game?" "Yeah, we won." "Really?" "Yup, we were down like 37 points until the coach stopped being a dick and put me in the game." "Really 37 points?" Luke cut in. "Yeah." "What happened?" "The team was giving up and so I called a time out got everybody together and told them to give me a chance to work and they did. After we got the first touch down the defence came alive and got a few pick sixes for us then I got on the field and threw a few touchdowns, next thing we know we were up 12 points and the game was over." "So you think you're that good huh?" The guy Tyler asked. "No my head isn't that big but we were going to lose before I got in the game." "You said the coach was a dick?" Jason asked. "Yeah.. This new coach is a prick, all he cares about is his two sons. He wants them to be seen, he wants them to play and all 'his sons' do is force us to lose. Mom said if they pull the same crap they did last year she's taking me off the team." I sat in the chair. "What happened?" "They put me on the summer team and I got zero playing time.. Then I rode the bench all school season and we lost every game. People were complaining and saying that they wanted me in but nope all he cared about was his kids." "Wow, I want to see you play." Dale said. "You wanna come to one of my games?" I was being smart. "Yeah, when is it and where?" "For real?" I was surprised. "Yeah, I don't see why not.. Unless you were being a little smart ass." He smirked. "No, I wasn't you can come." "Cool, I'll be there." "Will you boo and scream put number 25 in if he doesn't put me in?" "Hell yeah." "You promise?" "Yeah, he better put my little cousin in or else." "Alright." I smiled. "We all will." Luke said. "For real?" "Hell yes, he's not going to treat you like that." Jason added. "Alright my game is Friday at 6:30, I'll bring y'all tickets tomorrow!" "Ok, we'll be there." Tyler said. It made me so happy that they said they would come, especially Jason. I'm glad he's coming. I stayed for a little while longer then went home.

Jason's POV

Mason went home so I went back to talking to the guys. "Well.. His eyes lit up when you said you'd go to his game." Dale started. "I know I saw that, I'm not going to let him down." "Me either, I'm going to go and turn that place upside down." "I'm going too, but I still can't get over you having a son." "Me either dude but I am excited to see him play."

Mason's POV

After I left Jason's house I went home. I was so happy that he said he was coming to my game. I know I have to tell my mom I've been talking to him now. I went into her room and found her looking at TV. "Hi mom." I flopped down on her bed. "Hi honey." "We gotta talk." "Bout what?" "I've been.. Sneaky." "What did you do?" "I found Jason." "I know." I was in complete shock. "You do?" "Yes.." "Oh.." "I don't like that you were being sneaky and lying to me but I understand why you did... It has been hard since dad passed away.." "Yeah.." "And I know you've been wanting a father figure.." "He doesn't replace dad to me I just want to get to know him." "I know, and I knew you would tell me." "How did you know?" "Beth told me all about your friend that I can't know about.. And I seen you with him at the mall." "You did?" "Yes." "Oh.." "And I saw your phone.. Loser father person." "But you didn't yell at me?" "I knew you were going to find him whether I told you to or not." "I'm sorry." "You don't have to be sorry honey, is he good to you?" "Yeah.. He was a prick at first but he said sorry and he wants to try. Now he wants to come to my game Friday." "That's nice of him. I guess I'll talk to him after the game." "Ok!"