Chapter 7

A month later.

Jason's POV

"Jason what's up?" Dale said sitting on the couch across from me. "Nothing." I exhaled. "What's wrong?" "Nothing." "Really?" "I.. Ugh.." "What?" "Man I haven't talked to Mason in a month." "Why?" "He's not talking to me." "Why?" "A month ago I treated him like crap and now he doesn't want to talk to me." "What happened?" "We were talking and eating and I fell into the I can't have another kid thing and treated him like crap. He kept trying to talk to me and I.. Ugh.." I shook my head. "I ignored him and called him kid.. I was stupid." "Now he won't talk to you?" "No, he doesn't answer my calls or text messages." "Damn Jason." "I know I feel awful.. He was just trying to get to know me.." I shook my head.

Mason's POV

"Dude that was friggin a epic!" My friend Troy yelled and came and hopped on me. "Dude I know!" I yelled. "Dude we were down 37 points!!! You're the best QB ever dude!" "Thanks man!" My team and I just won our opening game and it is awesome. We were all celebrating the victory but now I'm ready to go home. The coach finished talking so I went to find my mom and sister. "Mason!!" Mom came over to me. "Hey mom!!" "We won!!!" She came and hugged me. "I know." "I was screaming so loud honey! And when you hit that one kid with a stiff arm I died!! I was like 'THATS MY KID!!' Oh my goodness!" She was acting like she was hitting someone with a stiff arm and I was dying laughing. "Oh honey you were amazing!" She hugged me again. "Thanks mom." I laughed. "You're welcome honey." "Where's Beth?" Usually Beth is here cheering me on then we have a celebration dance after we win. "Uncle Paul didn't have her back time enough to get here." "Oh." "Don't feel bad honey, I face timed the whole game for them. She can't wait to see you. "Oh cool!!" "Let's go get some snacks then pick her up." "Ok!" We left and headed to the store.

Jason's POV

After Dale left I decided to go to the market and get some stuff. When I got to the market I walked around for a while. I got a few things then went into the candy isle. A little girl was trying to get some reese's cups. "Need help?" "Yes please!" She frowned. "Ok." I gave her the candy. "Thank you so much. It really would have been awful if I couldn't get them and Nana said I could have them." "Yes that would have been awful." I laughed and she walked away. I got Kandyl and Keeley some stuff then looked around. "What does Mason like?" I mumbled. "Chocolate!" I turned and saw that the little girl was back. "Huh?" "You asked what Mason liked.. He likes chocolate bars." She smiled and pointed to the Hershey's chocolate. "You know Mason?" "Yes he's my brother!" She giggled. "He is?" "Yes! And you're his friend that mommy can't know about. Don't worry I didn't tell." She whispered. "Is mommy here?" "No silly Nana is here." "Oh.." "Beth?" An older lady came into the isle. "Bye Mason's friend." "Bye." She went over to the lady and grabbed her hand. I walked around the market a little more then decided to leave. I was walking through a random isle when I heard the little girl laughing. "We won!" "Yes!!" That was Mason. "Oh yeah! Oh yeah!" I decided to go find them. I went into the next isle and seen them dancing. "Wow." I said. "Mason its your friend that mommy can't know about." "He's not my friend anymore." "Aww.." "I'm still your friend whether you like it or not." "My friend tells me that all the time." The little girl was shaking her head. "Come on munchkin." "Bye!" She waved at me and they started to leave. "Mason I just want to talk to you." "When I wanted to hang out with you and talk you treated me like crap.." "I know and I'm sorry.. If you let me I'll make it up to you." "I want your truck." "You're not old enough to drive." "Beth you're supposed to be on my side." "I am silly.. But you cannot have his truck. Maybe he can give you a hug?" "I can do that." "No." He looked at me and Beth. "We have to go." "Mason will you just call me so we can talk? I'll make it up to you." "Tomorrow loser." They walked away and I decided to go check out. I was hoping that he would call so we could talk. I know I can't treat him like that, he's my kid he didn't ask to be so I need to treat him better. After I checked out I went and put my stuff in the truck and went home. When I got home I watched TV until I got sleepy then I went to bed.