"Yeah, within the first day of him being up he took off the sling we made him and said he was fine."

"I hope he's not lying to us." I sighed. "I would hate for him to be hurting and not tell us."

"That would hurt me emotionally as much as it hurts him physically." Sonic said with a sad tone to his voice.

"But let's look on the bright side. At least he is awake and doing better." I said as happily as I could.

"That is true." Sonic said with some of his hope restored back into his voice.

We had reached the fire and set down our pots of water. The sun was high in the sky indicating we still had several hours left in the day. Shadow had showed up only a few minutes after we had so we didn't need to leave and go help him, which was nice.

Sonic and Shadow got to work wrapping leaves around the hut to trap in the heat and keep out the wind. I went spear fishing and found a few small fish to cook up for lunch. I put them on a large stick and put them over the fire. Shadow and Sonic finished up putting up the leaves and came over to their logs around the fire.

"What did you cook for lunch?" Shadow asked licking his lips.

"Fish, they aren't that hard to hit with a spear." I handed them each a 'plate' with some fish on each of them.

"Yum. It's way better then not having any food at all." Sonic said, taking a bite out of the fish on his plate.

"Yeah, I do miss other food, but this beats starving to death." Shadow added. We all nodded in agreement.

We finished our meal and decided to head deeper into the forest to see what we could find. We reached the village and followed the river until it came to a large clear lake.

"Whoa! How hadn't we found this before?" I asked in astonishment.

"I don't know, but I wanna dive right in!" Shadow yelled. He ran and leaped into the air, jumping into the lake below.

I jumped in after him and felt relieved of the heat the second I touched the cold water. I swam back up to the surface and swam to a shallower part of the lake.

"Sonic! Come on in!" I yelled motioning for him to come join us. He didn't jump right in like Shadow and I did, instead he walked down the small slope that lead to the water and stepped into the shallower end.

"Ah, the water feels so nice." He said stretching. I dove back underwater and opened my eyes. They stung a bit at first but then they adjusted. And even though Shadow and I had swam around a bit, the water was crystal clear. Everything looked beautiful, colorful, there just weren't word to describe it. I would have stayed down there longer, but I was running out of air. I swam back up to the surface.

"Guys! Look at how pretty everything is underwater!" I exclaimed. Sonic put his head under and came back up with his face in awe.

"It's so beautiful.." He said in amazement. Shadow dove under and came back up with an astounded look on his face.

"How is the water so clear? And it's so colorful down there!" Shadow said trying to find the right words to use.

"It really is." I said. Shadow and I swam around for a bit longer and Sonic just sat in the nice cool water.

"Hey Silver." Sonic said.

"Hm?" I mumbled, swimming back into the shallow part of the lake where he was sitting.

"I'm getting hungry again. You guys have been swimming for like hours." He said pouting.

I sighed. "Hey Shadow are you done? I think Sonic is offering to cook dinner."

"Hey I nev-"

"Shhhh." I put my hands in his face shushing him.

"Sound great! What are we having?" Shadow asked stepping out of the water.

"Probably chicken." He sighed in defeat.

-time skip-

Sonic's pov.

Silver had forced me to cook dinner. I rotated the defeathered chicken above the fire. Silver and Shadow sitting on a rock playing never have I ever.

"Uhm... Oh! Never have I ever been to Rouge's house." Silver yelled. Shadow put a finger down.

"That was cheap Silver." Shadow said shaking his head. "I have one! Never have I ever kissed you."

Silver puffed his cheeks and put a finger down. Then he realized what he could do. He grabbed Shadow's face and kissed him. Shadow kissed back and then pulled away realizing what Silver was doing.

"Now you can't say that." He smirked.

"Come on!" He shouted. Silver laughed and put his finger back up.

"Dinner is ready when you want it." I shouted at them from the fire. I walked back over to the fire and took the chicken off of it. I ripped it up and put it on leaves for our consumption. I handed one plate to Shadow and one to Silver.

Silver took a big bite out of the chicken. "Mmm. Thanks Sonic!" He yelled.

"Thanks, it's good." Shadow said. clearly still sour from what Silver did.

We finished up our meal and decided to play a round of never have I ever.

We each put up five fingers and started the match.

-later-

"Good game Silver." I said to the beaming ivory Hedgie.

"That just proves we've done more with our lives." Shadow boasted.

"Hey you can't say that! I won with only one finger up." Silver argued.

"I'm going to bed, what about you guys?" I asked, standing up.

"Yeah." Shadow said standing up.

"Sleep sounds good." Silver said joining us.

Silver laid in between Shadow and I.

"Night Night." He murmured.

"Night." Shadow said.

"Goodnight." I said, drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys enjoyed! Don't forget to check out the one shot book and request something. Plus I'm still doing the Q&A if anyone wants to know something. Okay Bai Bai darlings! ;3