Supper

Sin's pov

The three of us sat around a small wooden table in the tiny dinning room and simply ate the supper Choji prepared for us. We feasted on the food in a comfortable silence as birds still chirped outside. I have to say, Choji's cooking skills were amazing.

"So Sin, were have you been for five years?" Choji asked as he cut another piece of steak.

"Around the world, I guess. Ever since our parents died in that car crash, my big bro have been dragging me around while he did his job as a nature photographer. It was fun, I suppose. But we almost got killed a few times though." I nonchalantly said, stabbing my fork in a brocoli.

"Oh. I'm sorry for your parents' death."

"Nah, it's fine. Beside, it's been quite a while now. No worries."

"Oh, ok. They were nice people though."

I nod as the two boys simply looked at me slightly worried. They quickly went back to eating after a while of staring at me. I never understood why people always say sorry when it's not even their fault. Eventually everything will end and most of the time it isn't your fault.

I thought of my parents as I finished my meal, the steak reminded me of the ones my dad would prepare, though the ones dad made were a tiny bit more spicier for a reason that nobody knew. Later that night, Choji helped me getting settled and told me what our temporary apartment had while the lazy pineapple head simply took a nap on the couch in the living room.

"Duuude, someone's knocking on the dooor!" I call from my room, hearing the faint noises.

A grunt was heard and footsteps followed right after, signalling us that Shikamaru got up. The door was soon unlocked and muffled sounds were heard. A girly voice then started to scream and suddenly the door of my room was slammed open, a familiar blondie stood there, eyes as wide as ping pong balls.

"WHAT IS SIN DOING HERE!?"

The pineapple head groaned and leaned against the door frame, tired eyes wondering around the room. I was currently stuffing my shit in the small wardrobe while Choji helped setting the covers on the bed.

"Tsunade most likely mistook the key with another one." I shrugged.

"B-but do you realize you are living with GUYS!?"

"Well I lived with my brother for almost a year."

"N-no that's DIFFERENT! This is like a drama when a girl lives with guys andthenshegetsclosewiththeguysandstuffhappenandthen-"

By that time nobody was listening her anymore and we went back to what we were doing. Ino was still mumbling things to herself as she cupped her red cheeks and giggled from time to time. That girl hasn't changed since the last time I saw her. Some sassy bitch she was and I can't deny, she still is.

Shikamaru was in front of me as he helped me rip off the tape from the boxes and Choji was setting the mattress in a corner, draping a black sheet over it and placing the pillows and blanket. I set my clothes in the wardrobe and my book and picture on the desk while humming, smiling since I am now back to the village where I spent my childhood in.

"What are you smiling at?"

"I'm smiling knowing that you guys are alive and doing fine."

Shikamaru's pov

My eyes widen at that, stopped what I was doing. This might be one the only times where Sin would say something like that, and when she actually does, it's always 100% true.

I looked up from the cardboard box and looked at the other two in the room. Choji was smiling real wide and Ino was pointing at herself, eyes big like golf balls and her mouth hanging open. Sin simply continued what she was doing, a small grin plastered on her face.

"Yes, even you blondie." She said like if she could see our blond friend's reaction.

"Siiiiin~!" Ino runs over and gives the shorter female a big hug.

Surprisingly, the smaller girl simply chuckles and pats my close friend's arm before going back to set the things up.

"We also missed you!" Ino exclaims.

+++++++++++

Heeeey people! Sorry that this chapter is reallyyyy short and I will try my best to write something fun in the next chapter!

Until then~

Your lazy author,
FreakyKpopOtaku