Chapter 1

My nose inhaled his scent as I buried my face deeper into the crook of his neck. Subconsciously in his sleep, his hand pressed slightly on my mid back before going limp again. I smiled to myself as I removed my head from the crook of his neck, only to rest it against his shoulder. His thick dark eyelashes rested against his cheek while his mouth was slightly ajar, a little bit of drool on the corner of his mouth. His chestnut brown hair was disheveled , a few strands resting against his forehead.

"Don't you think it's a little creepy to stare at people while they sleep," he murmured, causing me to jump out of my skin.

He opened his eyes slowly to reveal his perfect hazel irises with a crooked smile playing on his lips.

"I didn't know you were awake," I mumbled underneath my breath as I used my blonde hair as a curtain to hide the hue of red that burned my cheeks.

"Been together for three years now and you're still blushing," He commented with a chuckled.

I scoffed and rolled away from his hold, leaving my body in shock of the cold without his body heat keeping me warm.

"Aw come on. I'm just teasing you," he chuckled as I felt his hand wrap around my waist and pull me back to him.

He leaned in for a kiss and I slightly backed away. His eyebrow raised and now it was my turn to laugh.

"You got a bit of drool pal," I said as I used his shirt to wipe it off.

He rolled his eyes and I leaned in, my eyes closing as I neared. When I didn't feel his lips meet mine, I opened my grey eyes to see him with a smirk playing on his lips.

"I don't kiss girls with morning breath. Yours is quite bad this morning," he stated, trying to put on a serious face as he held two fingers to his nose, preventing himself from his sense of smell.

"Screw you Luke," I retorted back, trying not to smile.

He gave up his facade and brought his lips to meet her own for a quick peck before getting out of bed, scratching his head as he made his way to the master bathroom. I watched and felt a small smile crawling onto my face.

Stab him in his back while he's not looking.

My smile left my lips as the voice inside my head began talking to me.

Hurry! You have to do it while he's not looking. This is your perfect opportunity.

I shook my head.

"No. I love him. I can't kill him. Stop telling me these things," I whispered barely audible so Luke wouldn't hear.

Lyla. I didn't ask you to kill him this time. Just to do a quick stab in his back.

My fingers twitched and I clenched them into a fist until they turned ghostly white.

"No," I whispered firmly.

Yes.

"Shut up," I commented back to the voice in my mind, my hands now clenching my head, slightly pulling on my blonde strands.

"Hey honey, can you bring some soap to me," Luke called out from the bathroom.

I quickly removed my hands from my head as I realized the voice was gone. For now.

My nostrils took in as much air as possible as I released it, doing this several times until my mind was no longer racing and my legs capable of walking without trembling. I made my way to the cabinet in the hall, making sure not to look in the direction of the kitchen where many utilities that could be used as weapons laid. Quickly, I grabbed a container of liquid soap and headed back in the direction of the bathroom. Without knocking, I entered, handing the soap to Luke. He took a hold of the towel around his waist with one hand as he used the other to take the soap from me. He said a quick 'thanks' before I left the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I went into my closet and ran my fingers along my side of clothes as I thought about what to wear for the day.