Madly in love

Start bij het begin

"Haha. Yeah. Totally weird," Luke said.

=•=

"It was so scary, he was onto to me Ash," Luke complained through the phone.

Ashton snorted.

"Don't worry my gem. That was a nice save. Calum would know when you're ready," Ashton said as he parked the car and got out.

"I guess. When will that be?" Luke asked but he didn't expect a response.

"Maybe in the next few months," Ashton smiled

"Why do you say that?" Luke asked bewildered.

"I have a surprise baby boy. Be at my place for nine," Ashton said and then hug up the phone.

He walked up to a door he was all too familiar with and let his fingers linger on the door knob a little longer than necessary.

He remembers when he bought the house with a pregnant Charlie who was expecting Eliza.

He remembers how happy he felt thinking his was his home, the place he's share every single moment with his family.

He twisted the door knob and entered.

He walked through the foyer and into the kitchen where he was Charlie hunched over the dining table reading a magazine.

"Hey," he said quietly. He watched her jump in surprise then turn to him and smile softly.

"Hi," she replied.

"I figured it was time to tell you," Ashton said

"I know. You like being on your own," Charlie said.

"Yeah, I do. I think I also want a divorce," Ashton spoke and he saw it took everything in Charlie not to burst out crying.

He took a seat next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry. I just can't put your through a one sided marriage. I care for you Charlie and I love you, I always will but my heart doesn't love you like that anymore."

"I felt this coming. All we did and fight and yell. I knew it would happen sooner rather than later. I'd always love you Ashton. More than you'd ever love me," Charlie said sadly.

"I'd still be around. We have kids," Ashton reminded her

"I know," she laughed but not a happy kind of laugh.

"Thank you for being so calm about this," Ashton said taking her hand.

"I respect your decision. I'm obviously grateful we're having this conversation now than later. I feel like if we'd waited, the pain would be worse," she said. Ashton didn't know how to reply so he nodded instead.

"What do we tell the kids?" Ashton asked

"The truth. We have four kids I was thinking you take two and I'll take two," Charlie suggested talking about custody.

"That sounds good. They'd still be able to see each other though, just not as often," Ashton said.

"Calum was heading off to university soon so I guess I'd have to get used to my babies being gone," Charlie said.