Raylina's Recovery Part 6: Anomalistic

Leave to waste

Alina's POV

It was 6:00 pm and I wouldn't dare look at my phone. Any text or call could've been Rayquan and I wasn't ready to talk to him. By 6:30 I felt the urge to text him, but I knew I should've called. It was 8:00 and I felt ready. "ALINA!!!!" Rayquan screamed into the phone. When I told him to shut up, he did exactly what I said. I hesitantly said "Well...I just wanted to thank you for what you got me. That was pretty cool of you to do." I could hear him hyperventilating through the phone and I rolled my eyes. Maybe I was ready to give him a second chance.

"Maybe we could hang out at the mall or something tomorrow. Is noon good?"

"Sounds like a plan, my beautiful Asian eyes."

"Don't call me that, idiot!"

"I'm so glad we're back."

"....Me too."

Next day, okay

Rayquan's POV

So Alina wants me back!!! I knew I was so irresistible! Maybe tomorrow I'll dress extra pimp. So it was 10:00 and I started getting ready. Okay, Axe or Old Spice.....Axe! I gotta smell like winning. So I get my khaki pants and blue plaid flannel (I know she likes guys who wear plaid). I decided to go with a black bow tie for some extra winning. I took a selfie then started fixing things here and there. I buttoned up the top button of my shirt, then I had to make the crucial decision of what shoes to wear. I decided that my blue converse would seem most approachable. When I went out the door, I got a text from Alina saying that I should dress nicely. I texted back "I already got that covered babe ;)" and I waited for her to type back "Don't call me babe -_-". Once she did, I was off into my car ready for the best day ever.

Rebirth factors

Alina's POV

So I'm getting ready to go to the mall with Rayquan. Ughhh this is so much work. So I found this long black dress in my closet. It was an old dress I wore at some school dance. I tried it on and surprisingly it fit! Rayquan doesn't deserve my hotness. He can go throw his ego in a well once he sees me looking this good. So I come to the mall seeing Rayquan looking like he's trying way to hard to look good. I mean, he did look pretty good. He was trying too hard to get there. So I approach him and when he stared at me I hit his shoulder and said "Let's go."

Born Again Krabs

Rayquans POV

So i'm standing out near the mall trying to look cool so Alina won't regret her decision of wanting me back. I got my shades on, leanin' back, with a far off look on my face. So Alina finally arrives (fashionably late, I might add). But she was looking good! She was wearing this smokin' hot black dress and I just stared at her half shocked, half amazed. She then punched my shoulder (it hurt ALOT) and said "Let's go". Without any other words she just grabbed my hand and we walked in silence to what looks to be a fancy restaurant. I tried to say something, but she just shushed me. Wow I got myself a feisty girl...I love it. She looked completely pissed off and annoyed with me. But I had a feeling that was just because she was walking in these heels that looked extremely painful. We arrived there and Alina stopped and said "You're paying." I smiled and pulled her in for a kiss on the cheek. And for once, she didn't wipe it off or punch me in the gut. I guess today will be a great day! We walked in and instantly we we're greeted and seated by a well dressed waiter. I checked the menu and realized that I'd have to lower my clothing budget to afford this date. Alina started laughing and said "That's what she said" randomly. I laughed a little, then laughed a whole lot more when I realized that she was looking at the menu where it said "Now serving fresh yeast rolls." Damn, what a perv she is! I love her so much. So I tried to make some small talk which didn't really work. Then I tried asking more questions that I was genuinely wondering about. I asked her about where she got her dress and when she said she got it for a dance, I had to worryingly say "Who did you go with...?" She smiled and said "Don't worry.I went with a friend group, idiot!" We both laughed a little, and it was the first time I felt like I could talk about anything with her without worrying. 

 Breaking the Norm

Alina's POV

So the date ended on a high note...A REALLY high note. I felt like I could truly talk to Rayquan for the first time ever. He seemed so approachable and easy to talk to. I called him and I could tell he was smiling when we talked. I just told him that it was a nice date and I thanked him for paying. I'm getting too soft. I gotta go to the gym soon and punch a few punching bags. I remembered that someone across my dorm room was having a party. I reeeeally didn't want to be at home while a bunch of 20 year olds getting drunk and throwing up around the hallways. I decided to ask him if I could stay just one night over at his house. I tried not to make it sound like a big deal, and so did he. I knew it was a big deal though. He better not pull any shitty tricks with me. I wanna stay a virgin.