Chapter 19

"Can I talk to you?" Joe came outside to the freezing cold weather of my front porch. Finding me sat on the outside chair with my arms hugging my legs to my chest, trying to keep warm with the several layers I had on.

"Sure," I smiled softly.

"It's too cold to be out here," He shivered as he rose his shoulders to his ears.

"I like it, it's refreshing,"

"It's a runny nose and sore throat you mean?"

"I enjoy it," I shrugged. We stayed silent for a while, looking at the few cars that rode down my isolated street.

"I don't know how you do it Cindy,"

"Do what?"

"Tolerate me," I laughed and bit my lip, not wanting to cry over everything.

"You're not too bad," I scrunched my nose as he gave me an apologetic smile.

"I forgot your birthday this year, I didn't mean to,"

"You are a busy boy, I didn't take offence to it, I know you are on a tight schedule,"

"Yeah but I remember it was just before a show, we were about to step onto stage when Danny said the next city was Vancouver and I remember hearing we were leaving on the 27th, the day after your birthday and I felt so much guilt, I'm sorry,"

"It's okay, really," I smiled.

"Did you get the present?"

"I did, I loved it thank you,"

"Good,"

"I don't know why you are talking about this when it has nothing related to what happened today,"

"Well, I feel like it does play a small part on your little outburst with me earlier,"

"Oh you are lucky it was little,"

"I know, I know," He smiled as he nodded, looking away from me and finally sitting down in the other chair in front of my view. "So am I going to find out about Jordan?"

"Find out what?"

"What's happening between the two,"

"There's nothing going on between the two of us,"

"Cindy,"

"Joe,"

"So why did you walk out?"

"Well. I don't necessarily-"

"Your parents now want me to stay for lunch," Donnie interrupted me from lying to Joe.

"Great," I muttered.

"Does that mean I'm staying too or am I trekking home," Joe asked.

"You can trek home," I laughed as I pulled Donnie by his shirt into the house. I felt him grip my hand and lightly drop it to my side, I looked away from Joe and made eye contact with Donnie, seeing him staring at me with both annoyance and concern in his eyes. Clearing my throat I padded my feet up to my room as I heard them both trailing behind. Lovely.

I took off my large jumper as I made my way into my room, dumping it onto the floor and going back under the covers while rubbing my eyes to distract myself from conversing with the two boys that were heard from the door.

I yawned and snuggled my head deep into the pillow, waiting for sleep to come.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked as I heard them both answer with exasperated "yes'". I sighed, lifting every limb off of my bed and taking a small blanket as I headed past them and out my door. "What do you want to watch?"

"You pick," Joey said.

"Alright,"

I reached the large cabinet full of VCR's and felt Donnie looking over my shoulder at all the movies I had.

"Aliens or Carrie?" I asked as I held them both up and heard Donnie and Joe both whine with plead in their eyes.

"Okay... Terminator?"

"Yes, I'm okay with that," Joe smiled as Donnie nodded his head in a agreement and walked over to the couch to sit down next to Joe.

I closed the cabinet and played the movie, proceeding to sit on the floor of the living room carpet and putting the blanket I brought down from my bed over myself.

I felt my head fall to a hard surface, sleep still fighting to come. A set of arms brought my head above the floor, followed by a pillow being placed where I laid before. My face felt the soft cushion I was lacking previously, finally being comfortable enough to drown and escape from everything that happened today.
___________________________
Guys... I'm so sorry, I'm literally sat in bed half asleep writing this because I can't just jump to the next next scene. So I have this stupid chapter but it does give you a little suspicion of why Donnie ain't wanting to be there.......... HINT HINT HINT. AND AND AND TELL ME YOUR FAV NEW KIDS SONG ATM!!! Mines probably 'What'Cha Gonna Do (About It)' & 'I Remember When'